At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
The Logistics Solutions Design Lead will use their industrial engineering experience to design material flow processes and to optimise material delivery and storage capacities in the Microfactories and the warehouses.
This role requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a holistic understanding of manufacturing operations.
The logistics processes at Arrival will be as advanced and automated as our vehicles, you will be one of the main contributors to this ambition becoming a reality. Warehouse 4.0 is not a buzzword at Arrival, it is the baseline expectation.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop warehouse layout and internal material flow to point of delivery/use using Lean principles.
- Perform in-depth analysis to define and optimise material storage and delivery methods.
- Drive standardisation and innovation in layout, delivery methods and material flow across Arrival Microfactories.
- Define and optimise material storage and delivery methods.
- Work closely with Packaging, Logistics Operations and Manufacturing teams to understand requirements to provide efficient material flow solutions.
- Develop ROI business cases for recommended projects involving process, system, or technology change.
- Own, manage and communicate implementation plans.
- Manage and develop a team of logistics engineers.
What you’ll need
- Solution design experience within logistics, manufacturing, or similar automotive environments.
- Bachelor’s degree: Preferred Majors – Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Logistics Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics.
- Advanced abilities in design software (e.g., SketchUp, SmartDraw, AutoCAD).
- Experience in warehouse simulation.
- Advanced data analysis skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and social skills.
- Project management experience, preferably from cross functional and international projects.
- Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel and Power BI.
- Start-up or greenfield project experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently within a given framework.
- Experience in using project management tools, e.g., Jira.
We’d love it if you have
- A hunger to learn.
- A huge desire to achieve.
- The ability to work in a fast-moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
A career with Arrival will expose you to the bare bones of a highly ambitious and entrepreneurial technology company, so if you’re interested in creating the future, not just talking about it, we’d love to hear from you.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.