At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
As Logistics Team Leader, you will lead a team in delivering a successful Inbound/Outbound operation alongside other Team Leaders.
You will have strong analytical skills and excellent problem-solving techniques. You will be able to continuously challenge all processes within Logistics, and self-manage day-to-day activities.
You will have good experience in setting key performance indicators and achieving them. You will report into the Logistics Plant Lead and be a key member of the team reporting on your deliverables and team performance. Resilience is a key attribute needed for this role.
What you’ll be doing
- In the next 9 months, you will:
- Support Gamma and Delta builds
- Write Standard Operating Procedures for on-site Logistics activities
- Write Risk Assessments for all procedures
- Set up daily check-sheets for: MHE, PPE, tooling/equipment
- Become a super-user of the IT Logistics interfaces : ODOO and MES
- Supporting Logistics Lead with project management
- Continuously being aware of, and proactively addressing potential or actual part shortages
- Trialling processes with the team and provide robust feedback
- Set up 5S standards for all areas and corresponding training documents
- From start of production you will;
- Managing a team of operatives within the Microfactory
- Unloading and loading of goods, movement of goods, process adherence, stock integrity, and accurate systems receipts
- Manage the team recruitment selection, holidays, cross-training, absence cover
- Training of new members within your team
- Train new operators in the use of HMI
- Ensure compliance with all business systems: ODOO, MES
- Daily driver MHE audits to ensure safety and compliance
- Ensure health and safety standards are achieved on an ongoing basis and actively promote individual responsibility for health and safety
- Review, improve and administer the operating environment through establishing and maintaining housekeeping and 5S standards
- Follow standard operating procedures and actively pursue the elimination of waste through the application of continuous improvement tools and techniques
What you’ll need
- Experience within Automotive or Manufacturing environment
- Experience in previous Logistics supervisory roles with solid working understanding
- Strong IT skills – quick to learn new softwares
- Experience using WMS and ERP systems
- Strong independent working ability
- Preferably trained in IOSH or NEBOSH
- Ideally trained on MHE: Counterbalance, Reach Trucks, Order Picker
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with changing priorities
- Excellent communication & problem-solving skills
- Flexible approach to working hours ahead of Start of Production
We’d love it if you have
- A hunger to learn.
- A huge desire to achieve.
- The ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
A career with Arrival will expose you to the bare bones of a highly ambitious and entrepreneurial technology company, so if you’re interested in creating the future, not just talking about it, we’d love to hear from you.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.