At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
2021 is an exciting time as we are ready to take Arrival products from prototype stage at our R&D facility in Banbury to production at our first Microfactory in Bicester. We are looking for a Control Engineer to support the integration and buy off for each of our next generation automated cells. As part of the maintenance team, you will help to realise the implementation of the first Microfactory, from installation to start of production, followed by maintaining and continuously optimising thereafter.
What you’ll be doing
- Work as an integral part of the maintenance team.
- Specialise in the Arrival Microfactory automation controls systems.
- Support with the development and integration of new automation, working closely with the Arrival industrialisation team and system integrators.
- Carry out buyoff and snagging of electrical and control systems of new equipment.
- Respond to and fault find on all technical breakdowns, returning the line to a running condition safely and efficiently.
- Analysis and problem solving of repetitive and major faults, identifying root causes and permanent solutions to maintain and improve technical availability.
- Management of software backups and upgrades.
- Analysis of equipment to identify potential cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Provide specialist support and planning for project implementation activities.
- Identify and maintain spares for electrical and control systems.
- Carry out proactive and reactive maintenance activities as per the PPM.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers of automation equipment.
- Technical training and development of team members, trainees or apprentices.
What you’ll need
- Programming/fault finding skills within Controls/Drives/PLC’s/Automation/HMI’s.
- Experience with Allen Bradley Software (advantageous).
- Experience with industrial robotics (KUKA advantageous).
- Formal engineering qualifications.
- Strong electrical background with ability to read, and update Eplans.
- Experience of technical equipment within an automated environment.
We’d love it if you have
- A hunger to learn.
- A huge desire to achieve.
- The ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
A career with Arrival will expose you to the bare bones of a highly ambitious and entrepreneurial technology company, so if you’re interested in creating the future, not just talking about it, we’d love to hear from you
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.