Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You’re excited about our vision to reshape the food industry
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems
As a Maintenance Specialist you are responsible for the maintenance and care of our farms, according to defined processes and quality standards, at our local customers. As part of our mobile team you work closely with our Infarm gardeners and clients and should be available for weekend on-call duties.
The position requires a person with a technical background and practical experience. Due to the technical design of our systems you will solve technical problems related to pipes, pumps, valves, radiators, irrigation systems, LED lamp units and fans. Some of the tasks involve chemical handling.
- Solve any technical problems that may arise related to pipes, pumps, valves, LED lamps and fans
- Help identify, report on and solve basic software issues (training will be provided and more complex software support will be given)
- Service the farms at our customer locations and in our plant hub on bi-weekly basis
- Perform site facility safety representative duties if necessary
- As part of our Infarm team, you will work closely with our Infarm urban farmers and our customers to support the health of our farms
- Follow a defined workflow and schedule
- Use our online reporting system to log your work and any issues with the farms to our head office
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
* Please note that you should be able to perform on call duty over the weekend in a rotating schedule (approximately once per month)
- Experience as a craftsman and strong technical background
- Fluent English
- Driving license and valid working permit
- Proactive and methodical way of working
- Detailed approach, strong problem solving and multitasking capabilities
- Stress resistance and self-motivation
- Both confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- Comfortable with using computers to report issues and record your work
- Able to be ‘on call’ for weekends and evenings
- Ability to work at in store locations for routine maintenance as well as the North London Hub
Special Things We Would Like to See:
- Interest in hydroponics systems and software
What we offer
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our various ERGs about D&I, sports, or virtual social activities
- Take some time off: 28 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch and refreshments provided 5 days a week in our London Hub
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.