Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As a Maintenance Specialist, you will be responsible for the maintenance and care of our hydroponic farms both at our plant hub and our customer locations across London. You’ll follow clearly defined processes and quality standards to ensure both the physical farm itself and the software are working correctly.
Practical maintenance experience is required as you’ll be solving a variety of technical problems related to pipes, pumps, irrigation systems, LED lamp units and fans. You’ll also need to combine this, with great communication skills and the basic skills to maintain the smooth running of our software, ‘the brains’ of our urban farms. Previous software/coding skills are not required as training will be provided.
This role is for you if….
- You’re excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Solve any technical problems that may arise related to hardware
- Help identify, report on and solve basic software issues (training will be provided and more complex software support will be given)
- Assist in farm installations according to defined procedures and quality standards
- Service the farms at our customer locations and in our plant hub on weekly basis
- As part of our infarm team, you will work closely with our infarm urban farmers and our customers to support the health of our farms
- Follow a defined workflow and schedule
- Use our online reporting system to log your work and any issues with the farms to our head office
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
* Please note that you should be able to perform ‘on call’ duty over the weekend in a rotating schedule (approximately once per month)
- Good practical maintenance skills both electrical and plumbing
- Valid driver’s license as you’ll be driving to visit our local farms
- Flexible with a proactive attitude and hands-on approach
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to report issues and record your work
- Strong attention to detail along with a good eye caring for cleanliness around our farms
- Both confident and comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Interest in hydroponics systems and software
What we offer
- The opportunity to join infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 28 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday!
- Pension contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home