To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers’ feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
Spin is growing quickly internationally and is looking for top-tier talent in the United Kingdom to help us bring safe, affordable, and accessible transportation options to the UK.
As a Maintenance Specialist you’ll be responsible for repairing and maintaining our world-class fleet of electric scooters. Reporting into the Operations Lead in the local area, you’ll love fixing things, figuring out how new systems work, and achieving the highest levels of performance. With support from in-person trainers, regional and corporate experts, Spin’s Maintenance team ensures our vehicles are the safest in the city.
- Performing a range of scooter repair and maintenance tasks, from quick fixes to more complex hardware issues
- Conducting regular safety checks/health assessments for our fleet of scooters and performing the necessary preventative maintenance tasks as required
- Assisting with inventory management for parts, vehicles and other equipment and tools
- Using the appropriate mobile apps and spreadsheets to track repairs, parts and vehicles
- Training other operational staff in order to better carry out their maintenance duties
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to within your area
- Driving and loading/unloading e-scooters at the Spin warehouse or around the local area
- You have 6 months of experience in repairing scooters, or similar vehicles/equipment
- You are familiar with a broad range of commonly-used tools, electronics and computers
- You have excellent problem solving skills and demonstrate a proactive attitude
- You are flexible and willing to work in a shift-based system across 7 days a week
- You are active, with the ability to lift 22kg scooters safely on a regular basis
- You have strong computer skills
- You have experience in driving a van, with a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- You are proficient in speaking English
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, backed by a leading company in the mobility industry
- Competitive wage and benefits
- Paid time off
- Great Pension Scheme contribution
- The chance to work with an enthusiastic and welcoming team