Main purpose of job
Working as part of a multi-skilled maintenance team responsible for making sure that all maintenance activities are carried out safely, efficiently and to a high standard to ensure we deliver a reliable production unit which maximises its output. Ensure both preventative and corrective maintenance is carried out in a timely manner and complies with both Argent policies / standards and external standards e.g. EA, HSE and EAWR. Perform all requested engineering duties to include modifications and re-engineering of plant as required. Carry out the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of all plant equipment.
- Inspect & Execute planned/preventative maintenance on Electrical and Instrumentation hardware across the production units.
- Actively monitor the CMMS (Idhammer) to ensure reactive and schedule jobs are completed and closed out.
- Support the planning of EI scopes for capex projects/improvements and shutdowns.
- Prepare isolations & RAMS in accordance with the site Permit to Work system.
- Ensure the process control systems are maintained and work with the system specialist to minimise downtime and carry out improvements.
- Undertake a suitable competence assessment such as CompEX certification to work and carryout maintenance on equipment in hazardous areas.
- Support out of hours breakdowns critical to business. If required support the wider UK businesses.
- Participate in the EI Call-in Rota.
- Relieve the team leader when necessary.
- Support the critical spares process ensuring the correct procedures are followed when removing items from the stores.
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ container areas and across all site.
- Support and ensure the ‘Management of Change’ process is strictly adhered to for any relevant plant modifications.
- Support the team leader in ensuring fixed wiring registers are kept up to date and we have no overdues.
- When required work with/supervise business partners to ensure they comply with site standards.
- Work through OEM manuals to assist the team leader with maintenance procedures over specific equipment
- Ensure compliance to the company specific Electrical Safety Rules.
- Ensure compliance with electrical testing under the Electrical Regulations at Work 1989.
- Carry out electrical Isolations & switching of electrical equipment on LV/HV equipment.
The successful candidate
- Industry recognised Apprenticeship in Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering.
- CEP trained, working towards AEP.
- COMPEX trained Ex 1-4 (Gas & Vapours).
- Post apprenticeship experience working as an Electrical/Instrumentation Technician within the Chemical/Oil & Gas Industry.
- Experience of maintaining and installing ATEX systems.
- Competent on LV equipment – isolations/de-Isolations & fault finding.
- Work towards or competent in HV switchgear isolations/de-isolations & fault findings
- Competent at interpreting electrical diagrams/schematics
- Knowledge of the Electricity at Work Regs 1989
- Knowledge of process control instrumentation, temp, pressure, flow, level, weight etc.
- Knowledge of Plant control systems, PLC’s, SCADA, HMI’s, relay logic.
- MEWP licensed preferred but not essential.