Main purpose of job
Working as part of a multi-skilled maintenance team responsible for making sure that all maintenance activities are carried out safely, efficiently and to a high standard to ensure we deliver a reliable production unit which maximises its output. Ensure both preventative and corrective maintenance is carried out in a timely manner and complies with both Argent policies / standards and external standards e.g. HSE (PUWER, LOLER) Perform all requested engineering duties to include modifications and re-engineering of plant as required. Carry out the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of all plant equipment.
- Ensure all reactive and preventative maintenance work is completed to a high Standard.
- Support the preventative maintenance process by ensuring all schedules are completed to plan and closed out on time.
- Ensure RAMS are carried out for reactive work and always adhere to the site permit to work system.
- Carry out overhauls of rotating equipment in a methodical and structured manner and work with the reliability engineer/planner to ensure spares are replenished in stock and critical spares are identified.
- Recognise issues with rotating equipment and act upon accordingly – be aware of condition monitoring techniques.
- Support out of hours breakdowns critical to business.
- Participate in the Mechanical Call-in Rota
- Carry out static installations and repairs in a methodical and structured manner ensuring best practice is completed and legislation is complied with.
- Mentor & develop less experienced technicians.
- Support and ensure the ‘Management of Change’ process is strictly adhered to for all relevant plant modifications.
- Support project installations and actively participate in shutdowns
- Support the development of Work Instructions to ensure that we maintain a library of procedures & guidelines for all maintenance tasks carried out.
- Ensure equipment aides used comply with legislation e.g. rigging equipment (LOLER)
- Actively carry out fault finding and support the reliability engineer in producing ‘Reliability Improvement Reports’ to capture learning and improvements.
- Support the planning process through feedback – highlight improvements and things that go well.
The successful candidate
- Industry recognised Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- ONC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Post apprenticeship experience working as a Maintenance (Mechanical) Technician within the Chemical/Oil & Gas Industry.
- Experience of working with Rotating Equipment (Tricanters/Centrifugal pumps preferable).
- Knowledge of mechanical seal Installations.
- Knowledge/experience of maintaining HP boiler systems.
- Experience of static equipment installations/repairs e.g PRVs, exchangers
- Fault finding and preventative maintenance experience.