To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for an experienced Management Accountant to be ideally based at our Kings Langley office, however there is flexibility on this for working at any of our UK&I offices for the right candidate.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
Job Purpose/Summary Details
Reporting directly to the UK&I Financial Controller you will take ownership of core deliverables around development and construction project reporting, UKI overhead department reporting and supporting the Controller in providing insight and support to stakeholders. There will also be opportunity to work on projects which focus on simplifying current processes and the implementation of new IT technology.
The UK&I Financial Controller is the most senior finance representative in the UK operations.
You will have frequent exposure to UK Business Unit Managers and development and construction project managers, and the UK and Group finance teams.
- Key finance contact for development and construction project managers. Oversee monthly forecasting process for development and construction projects and preparation of summary reports for Development ALMs
- Prepare month end reports for UK overhead departments, including journal postings and presentation of monthly reports to department heads.
- Confidently and independently respond to queries relating to month end and full year results to Group Finance, the UK Business Unit Managers and to the auditors during year end audit.
- Prepare all VAT returns for UK and Irish companies, and ensuring compliance with Irish RCT
- Help with the budgeting and forecasting process
- Support with ad hoc tasks i.e. 3rd party information requests
- Working knowledge of accounting under IFRS and FRS 102
- Good knowledge of financial systems
- Excellent understanding of UK VAT, including experience with MTD and Partial Exemption
- Experience with Irish VAT and RCT would be an advantage
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Tenacity and attention to detail to provide high-quality financial information
- Work autonomously and be proactive to meet routine internal reporting deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Work with colleagues outside of finance
- Perform month end procedures within industry
- Experience with financial systems
- Work with auditors
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.