WHEB is a pioneer in sustainable and impact investing. Our mission is ‘to advance sustainability and create prosperity through positive impact investments’. We do this through a single, long-only, global equity strategy, investing in companies that provide solutions to sustainability challenges. With a track record of over 14 years, we are one of the early innovators in listed equity impact investing.
As a Certified B Corporation, WHEB is part of a global movement of stakeholder businesses, which consider the impact of business decisions on our employees, clients, suppliers, the community, and the environment, as well as our shareholders.
For more information about WHEB Asset Management see www.whebgroup.com.
Operations team role
WHEB is seeking a part-time management accountant to join the team, based in London. The role with comprise responsibilities across management and fund accounting, and finance process support. The position would be a 3-day per week role, on a flexible basis. The successful candidate will also provide direct support to the Finance, Compliance & Operations Manager for operational and administrative tasks and projects.
You will be expected to:
- – Prepare monthly management accounting reports using Xero software;
- – Assist with production of financial forecasting models for the annual budget process;
- – Assist with statutory audit of financial books and records;
- – Support financial processes, including expense administration and processing;
- – Provide ad hoc financial reports to internal and external stakeholders;
- – Liaise with suppliers and administer purchasing activity;
- – Process purchase invoices, including verification of accuracy, approval and payment;
- – Generate sales invoices for management fees where required;
- – Provide administrative support to the Operations team.
- – Mirror and reconcile fund administrator fund accounting records, including fund records, subscription/redemption cashflows, portfolio valuation;
- – Compute and reconcile AMC/IM fee calculations;
- – Verify internal records to third party sources, e.g. cash and portfolio positions;
- – Review fund expenses and calculate gross / net position for WHEB single management fee
- – Prepare / reconcile monthly/quarterly management fee invoice calculations;
- – Oversee preparation of fund interim and annual financial statements;
- – Liaise with fund administrators (fund accountants, transfer agencies, CRMs);
- – Develop internal processes to improve quality and efficiency, and support cross-functional
information/reporting requirements (operations, investment, business development).
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have, as a minimum:
- – at least three years’ experience in management accounting role;
- – ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified;
- – experience with Xero accounting software, with a highly numerical skillset;
- – problem-solving attitude and ability work under own initiative and take independent lead on
- – ability to multi-task and work to deadlines;
- – excellent written and oral communication, analytical and critical thinking skills; and
- – a demonstrable interest in sustainable and environmental investing.
She or he will also have the ability to:
- – work in a small, close-knit team, with flexibility to take on new tasks/skillsets;
- – organise a varied workload.
Equal opportunities and flexible working
WHEB is an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. The role is suitable for candidates looking for a part-time position. Based at our office in central London, the position will offer considerable opportunity for flexible working, including both office and home-based work. For more information on WHEB’s policies and culture, including our Diversity & Inclusion Policy, please see https://www.whebgroup.com/about-us/working-at-wheb/
Applicants should send their CVs, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 31 August 2021. We regret that it may not be possible to contact unsuccessful applicants.