To apply for this job please visit www.arcolaenergy.com.
The Manufacturing Engineer will contribute to all aspects of Arcola Energy’s engineering and production operations. Providing a manufacturing viewpoint and focus to development work, whilst supporting all aspects of manufacturing activities, including the coordination of pre-production build activities for projects.
Principal Accountabilities and Tasks
Contribute to the Arcola manufacturing and maintenance operation set-up, commissioning and day to day operating:
- Support supplier selection for major facility aspects from Heating to Lighting and office space equipment.
- Product development and vehicle builds – develop process flows and control plans, execute build plans and introduce lessons learnt for ongoing efficiency drive and quality improvements.
- Production process development and optimisation for the assembly plant, including implementing Lean practices, Kaizen and other optimisation features to ensure an efficient manufacturing operation.
- Contribute to the operation of the facility when in production to meet business KPI’s.
- Proactively support and coordinate build activities of prototype and pre-production vehicles in advance of full production builds.
Support supply chain activities relating to supply chain management for pre-production and production builds, including:
- Suppliers; selection, management and monitoring
- Supplier quality management and assurance through APQP
- Supplier development
- Stock management and coordination
- Contractor management
Other Duties (as necessary)
- Ensure all business activities within Production Operations comply to the company IMS process.
- Support Quality Management System accreditation activities, introducing appropriate processes, procedures and controls for continuous improvement of Arcola’s manufacturing environment.
- Support project delivery teams, ensuring all deliverables are met as per the requirements of the project schedule.
- Degree educated or demonstrable experience in a related engineering discipline.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment, ideally working with cross functional teams.
- Experience of creating, optimising and implementing manufacturing processes.
- An understanding of and ability to apply manufacturing processes and methods to improve/enhance engineering designs, FMEA’s and risk assessments.
- Manage engineering change in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skill and can work effectively with others.
- Efficient and organised individual – not afraid to ask for a steer in a situation, but also able to suggest what you think should be done.
- Experience of working within a structured business process framework and quality assurance systems.
- An interest in renewable energy, sustainability and making the world a better place.
What you’ll receive in return:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 28 Days annual Leave including bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme contributions
- Support towards CEng accreditation and your membership fees paid for IET/MechE
- Flexible work arrangements – we are currently working from home
- An opportunity to directly impact projects – from concept through to production
- Free tickets to the Arcola Theatre (subject to availability), and Arcola staff discount on food and drink in café/bar.
Arcola Energy is a privately owned company and offers a truly independent view of one of the fastest growing industries that will lead the road to zero emissions. Our independence also allows us to focus on what we believe in – products which make a positive contribution to society, delivered with total commitment to quality, safety and compliance.
We deliver solutions that significantly improve environmental performance compared to
incumbent technologies, contributing to the development of cleaner, greener, more secure, more
democratic energy and transport systems, enabling healthier living for everyone.
Arcola Energy is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future team, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Seniority Level
- Renewables & Environment
- Employment Type
- Job Functions