The role of Manufacturing Engineer is to support, grow and continuously improve the quality of the product, its component parts and the production system.
This person will be responsible for all production related documentation, understanding trends, analysing data and driving opportunities for improvement. They will work closely with the Production Team and the Technology Team to champion the Design-for-[X] (DfX) process for RT products.
They will be responsible for the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) with a focus on Engineering Change Control Process (ECC) to ensure that no changes to parts in manufacture/on order occur without the approval of the relevant managers, and will naturally own the master data within the ERP/MRP system including the interface between CAD/ERP.
- Influence new product developments using the DfX process to ensure lessons learned, operability/maintainability and manufacturability are captured in all new products.
- Maintain the master data within the ERP system to ensure that the correct parts are ordered for assembly. This responsibility is intertwined with the engineering change control process where item master data will be changed once approval has been granted. This will be done using the Teamcenter software.
- Work closely with Production to ensure quality is built into the assembly process.
- Responsible for developing protocols/systems and assembly instructions.
- Drive through all corrective and preventative actions as a result of Non-conforming parts.
- Support the Manufacturing Engineering team and Manufacturing operations activities as required.
- Identify opportunities to improve.
- ECC process owner.
- ERP Master Data owner.
Above all else this candidate must be willing to join a driven and motivated team focused on reducing costs, improving quality, and working to always satisfy the customer.
Necessary Skills – Essential
- Engineering Degree (Industrial and Mechanical preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Thorough understanding of assembly processes with experience in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing.
- Good technical engineering knowledge, including the ability to understand technical drawings and standards, design jigs and fixtures, and execute design projects.
- A good understanding of ERP systems, including routings, BOM concessions, change requests etc.
- Experience in factory Kaizen events and using rapid prototyping.
- Experience using a package like Teamcenter or Vault to manage engineering models and data.
- Proficient with 3D modelling.
- Able to work under his/her own initiative.
- High standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Communicating and presenting data effectively.
- Teamcenter and Solid Edge experience.
- Basic understanding of managing project and project teams across multiple disciplines.
- Able to compile shop floor process instructions and safe working procedures.
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas would be useful.
- Knowledge of DFX processes.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with working hours/shift at short notice.