To apply for this job please visit www.tokamakenergy.co.uk.
A position is available in the HTS magnet team for a Manufacturing Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the manufacturing processes and tooling for the tokamak HTS coil structures. To work closely with the magnet and instrumentation engineers to produce world-leading HTS magnets and to produce the associated work instructions.
The successful candidate will have a methodical approach and be able to develop HTS coil fabrication processes in rigorous detail; highly motivated to deliver against challenging objectives in compressed timescales. Demonstrate manufacturing control skills to ensure delivery of manufactured assemblies repeatably to a consistent quality standard and on time. Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with and contribute effectively in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists.
- Development of HTS coil fabrication processes.
- Design HTS coil manufacturing tooling.
- Development of HTS coil structures and associated materials.
- Development of HTS coil instrumentation fitting tooling.
- Production of HTS coil manufacturing work instructions.
- Take ownership of HTS coil manufacturing process control and FMEA.
- Train less experienced colleagues in manufacturing techniques and adherence to process.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience designing equipment for cryogenic and vacuum environments.
- Experience of working with superconducting materials and coil winding tooling.
- Experience of working in a team of scientists and/or engineers.
- Proactive attitude, self-starting and self-reliant.
- Ability to devise and operate effective project schedules.
Desirable selection criteria
- Experience of coil potting and jointing.
- Experience with FMEA processes.
- Experience with joining of dissimilar metals.
- Experience of vacuum feedthroughs for power and instrumentation wiring.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and technologies.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
Please submit your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent