Recycling Technologies is looking for a Manufacturing Planner to join our team to be responsible for the planning of all works orders for production, in line with best practice manufacturing principles. You will be a first point of contact on the site for all planning related enquiries and issues, and in tandem be responsible for running MRP. You will be responsible for this non-exclusive list of key responsibilities below. Other associated tasks are likely to be performed as directed by the Manufacturing Manager, e.g. provide supporting evidence for shopfloor poor performance for internal use, audit support, representing Manufacturing Department / Supply Chain Function in project teams, etc.
You will be responsible for contributing to the continuous improvement of the associated processes whilst ensuring compliance to the operational procedures and processes. This will include developing and publishing metrics (KPI’s) for various reports, examples include, but are not limited to, On Time Delivery (OTD), Efficiency, Utilisation and rework.
You will be required to travel for training.
- Take ownership of, and plan all products through manufacturing cells, including creating an accurate, up to date lead time for each of the manufacturing processes.
- Maintaining the production schedule ensuring constraints and operation timelines are aligned with delivery expectation.
- Support supply chain in running of capacity planning via excel and the ERP system (NetSuite).
- Create all manufacturing routings and assemblies for the production area.
- Support the Manufacturing Engineering team and Manufacturing operations activities as required.
- Update and control all relevant KPI’s associated with production.
- Maintain the master data within the ERP system to ensure that the correct parts are ordered for assembly. This responsibility is intertwined with the engineering change control process where item master data will be changed once approval has been granted. This will be done using the Teamcenter software.
- Demonstrable knowledge from experience of planning, procurement and control along the supply chain and systems within an engineering/ manufacturing environment.
- Thorough understanding of assembly processes with experience in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing.
- A good understanding of ERP systems, including routings, BOM concessions, change requests etc.
- Exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills to maintain attention to detail and achieve deadlines under pressure through high levels of self-motivation.
- Able to work under his/her own initiative.
- High standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels and work collaboratively.
- Demonstrable experience working with ERP / enterprise level manufacturing and logistics systems.
- Communicating and presenting data effectively.
- Basic understanding of managing project and project teams across multiple disciplines.
- Able to compile shop floor process instructions and safe working procedures.
- Knowledge of Chemical process industry would be useful.
- Knowledge of DFX processes.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with working hours/shift at short notice.