We need you – to make plastic waste history!
Are you looking for a new challenge in a rapidly expanding start-up? Are you fed-up with plastic polluting our environment and oceans? Do you want to dedicate your professional time to more than just making money? Then we have an offer for you: We are looking for a Marketing & Communication Manager to drive cirplus forward.
cirplus is building the global B2B-marketplace for circular plastics. We are based in Germany, but our ambition is global.
Our vision? To make plastic 100% circular, so that no more plastic enters the environment. We accomplish this goal with our next generation B2B-marketplace, connecting the plastic & recycling industries. To make it easy and efficient to turn waste into a valuable resource and thus catalyse the transition to a more circular planet. Tackling the plastic crisis at its root cause with technology – unlocking circular plastics: this is cirplus.
Starting date: 01/03/2021
● Become a cirplus hero: design, refine and implement the overall marketing & communication strategy for cirplus based on data & rigorous iteration. Report directly to the founders.
● Take charge: Marketing & communication strategy, content planning, prioritisation and project planning. Understand the market of recycled plastics, the value chain and the different stakeholder interests. Proactively use external topic triggers.
● Drive decisions with data: be comfortable with measuring the impact of your work and act on it.
● Empower Each Other: Support our mission while keeping our customer’s perspective at the top of your mind. Collaborate closely with UX/UI Designer, Translators, product & tech team to strengthen the cirplus global footprint.
● 2+ years of experience as an online marketeer or PR manager. Experience in a B2B-marketplace and early stage start-ups are a bonus.
● University degree in business, communication, marketing or similar with excellent grades.
● Language skills: German (native speaker level), English (fluent – in written & spoken)
● Empathetic team player: we cannot save the world on our own – no one can go it alone. We cherish a strong team culture and put our core values into practice – and so should you.
● An analytical mindset that allows for data-driven decisions.
● Curiosity & Initiative: Keen to learn new technologies and take initiative about how we make things better
● Clear articulation & rational reasoning: In order to own the marketing & communication department, the ability to manage yourself without close supervision
● Based in Germany; occasional travel to clients is required
● Previous experience in the plastics or recycling industry is a strong bonus
● Work for a purposeful project, tackling one of the largest environmental challenge of our time
● Full-time employment opportunity.
● Key impact on marketing & communication of early stage start-up – directly shape the next steps for our product
● Join a diverse & driven group of sustainability heroes spanning three continents
● Flexible working hours – fully remote working is possible
● Company retreats near the ocean, to remind us of our mission to make plastic waste history
● Nothing feels better than doing good to the world and earning money 🙂
Interested? We are looking forward to hearing from you but we don’t like boring applications.
Surprise us. 🙂
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following three questions (in German):
Warum bist Du interessiert daran, für cirplus zu arbeiten?
Was hast Du in Deinem bisherigen (Berufs-)leben erreicht, was sonst keiner erreichen konnte?
Was würde cirplus verpassen, wenn wir Dich nicht einstellen würden?