Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
We’re on a mission to create a faster, smarter and more innovative way of accessing an Electric Car. We offer an all-inclusive subscription solution, with no deposit and only a monthly rolling commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free, and affordable driving.
Having launched 3 years ago and with significant funding from top-tier VCs, we are a high-growth tech scale-up. Over the last 12 months, we have averaged 30% month-on-month growth and we have the largest electric fleet in the UK, with over 3,000 active subscribers. Our team has grown dramatically, with offices in London, Leamington and Birmingham and overseas expansion planned for 2022.
Our challenge now is to take Onto to a new level without losing what makes us special for our customers. We need to be able to deliver reliably on a large scale to mass-market customers, while still maintaining speed, ideation and a mindset of growth and accountability. This is a challenging combination, but one we’re embracing in the next stage of our journey. And that’s where you come in.
About the role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative Marketing Designer. You will play a key role in enhancing the Onto brand through inspiring visuals that increase brand awareness. This role will be fully embedded into our friendly marketing team, working closely with growth, retention and brand & comms teams.
The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience and a portfolio demonstrating the ability to produce highly engaging work across different channels (paid social, blogs, social media, email, etc.). We’re looking for a motivated and passionate Designer to step up to the challenge to produce engaging designs across all marketing channels. The right person will explore best practices to intuitively bring the Onto vision to life.
In particular, you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring brand consistency across channels and teams.
- Be responsible for engaging on a frequent basis with all teams to make sure a solid and consistent brand presence is built.
- Be responsible for creating assets for new and existing campaigns/projects such as ads, marketing landing pages, decks, emails, blogs, etc.
- Be responsible for setting up a creative plan to review & test new brand assets that can help reduce ad fatigue and improve brand consideration.
- Be responsible for owning design-led projects – proactively engaging with key stakeholders, gathering the necessary information for key projects, building creative assets making sure brief is met at the highest quality standards and the project is approved.
- Working closely with the Product Designers to ensure consistency and alignment in creative components & libraries.
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 3 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other
- Quick phone call with a member of our team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Onto
- Short take-home test
- Video interview to discuss your take-home test and portfolio with the team.
- Meet the marketing and people team.
A bit about you
- 2 years experience and a portfolio demonstrating the ability to produce highly engaging work across different channels.
- Strong understanding of digital design, information hierarchy and trends.
- Experience designing marketing campaigns, especially social assets for channels like Instagram and Facebook.
- A strong sense of empathy and ability to truly understand the pain-points for our customers.
- Proficient in Figma and Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience with planning and facilitating user research sessions to better understand our customers, and turning insights into actions that drive our future creative direction.
- Flexible and well organised, with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
Nice to have:
- A strong interest in sustainability or subscription-based companies.
- Experience in producing assets for offline marketing such as inserts and material for events.
As well as a competitive salary we provide a number of other benefits including:
- Onto car discount (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Quarterly off-sites and team building
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contribution to Personal Pension Scheme
- Flexibility to work from home
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
- Shuttle bus & car available for staff from Kings Cross & the office
Salary: Competitive based on experience