Tumelo is an impact-driven financial technology company. Our vision to empower all investors to know where their money is going and to use their shareholder’s voice.
What we believe
We believe the modern shareholder ownership system is broken. Trillions of pounds are invested every year by people who don’t even know what investment means, where their money is going, how it affects the world or their financial outcome, or what they can do about any of that.
We believe investors in the stock market (pension members, retail investors and asset owners, like trustees) should be aware of and connected to the companies they are invested in; should have influence and a voice at those companies; should have access to their shareholder rights. We believe big companies have the power to break or make our planet. What shareholders demand, and hold them accountable for, really matters.
Big change takes time but we are patient and ambitious in equal measure; influencing the system, building a movement, empowering the world. Our mission is to build and scale the technology to make that possible.
What we do
We partner with UK’s largest investment and pension platforms, empowering them to provide their investors with transparency over the companies they own and a shareholder voice on issues they care about, like gender equality, human rights or climate change. We build APIs and beautiful user interfaces to deliver a totally unique user experience. We give platforms better engagement, acquisition and retention, coupled with the power to create a sustainable investment system for us all.
We’re a close-knit, ambitious team. We’re based mostly in and around the South West. We work in an agile manner; championing transparency and flexibility while prioritising open communication. We love food, rounders, board games and team trips (everything from canvas painting to cliff jumping in Devon).
1. We do our best work to achieve our vision
2. We pull together to achieve more for users & customers
3. We are masters of prioritisation
4. We adapt relentlessly
5. We give each other feedback to move each other forwards 6. We trust each other to drive towards success
We’re looking for a Marketing Executive to promote Tumelo’s vision and products to retail investors, pension members, workplaces, and investment platforms. You will be responsible for:
- Increasing awareness of Tumelo among industry stakeholders such as workplace CSR/HR teams, pension trustees, investment platforms, pension providers and policy bodies. Using social media, blogs, webinars, roundtables, podcasts, awards… whatever it takes & however creative you can be on a limited budget.
- Leveraging the awareness you raise to generate inbound sales opportunities and funnel them towards the sales team. You’ll be working closely with the sales team who are responsible for generating leads through outbound outreach.
- Owning Tumelo’s website, including design, content, SEO and internal/external web developer relationships.
- Developing and nurturing long-term partnerships with client marketing teams, policy bodies and NGOs.
- Ideating, testing and measuring campaigns to build a grassroots shareholder activism movement, increasing public demand for shareholder voting.
- Developing brand and product marketing strategy as Tumelo’s solutions and products evolve and new geographic markets are entered.
- Working with sales, delivery and IT security establish a first marketing database/CRM to support, target and execute marketing activity.
Who you are
- You are passionate about empowering individuals to create a more sustainable future
- You have experience managing social media and running events
- You fizz with creativity and love coming up with new ideas
- You are great at putting those ideas into action and delivering. Ideally, you have a proven track
record of driving measurable impact on MQLs and the sales pipeline. You are success-driven and are obsessive about achieving goals and meeting targets including KPI and revenue objectives.
- You have experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- We have a B2B2C business model with a consumer-friendly brand. So, if you’re from the B2B
world it should be on the creative side… and if you’re from the D2C world you need to be able
to appreciate the complexities of B2B enterprise relationships
- You definitely don’t need finance experience but you must be willing to learn, and quickly!
- You are not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- You are brilliant at communicating – remotely, in person and in presentation formats.
- At the time of starting your employment, you must have permission to work in the UK.
It takes all kinds. We are trying to build a team that can conquer every challenge, speak every language, and understand every user. We have an ambitious mission to change the world so we hope to lead by example with a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the world we want to see.
If you’re such a superstar, we recognise you can probably work anywhere you want to. But working here, you’ll grow more than you would anywhere else; you will join a team who will appreciate you every day; your contributions will genuinely change our business outcomes; and you will be proud to make a lasting, positive impact on the global investment system. And with that, we hope to hear from you!
The finer detail:
There’s plenty of work for this role to be full time, but if you need something different please apply anyway. Tumelo has a super flexible working culture: the team is online and available from 10 – 3, Monday – Friday (save for lunch or sport breaks) and can work whenever they like outside of that. We have office space in Bristol that gets used regularly but coming in is totally optional. All we ask is that everyone comes together once per month, usually in Bristol, for a team social and strategy day (arranged well in advance and especially fun). We have a super flexible culture and our team have lots of different things going on outside of work that we want to help them balance. However, as you might expect at a fast-growing start-up, it’s high adrenaline and hard work here. We pay competitively for our team’s contributions and have a generous company share scheme so we are all owners of Tumelo and beneficiaries of our collective success. We have a 5% employer pension contribution and a flexible holiday policy of 33 days, including bank holidays, which we’ll make sure you get to enjoy. Our culture is very autonomous and you’ll be empowered to work on what and how you like to generate results. If you’re self-determined and want to be accountable to your team, instead of a line manager, this role is for you.
• Initial application: • CV
• A covering note detailing the life experience that makes you amazing; why you’re good for us; and especially why we’re right for you.
• First interview
• Task & presentation • Second interview
There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout. If Tumelo sounds like a bit of you and if you are excited to ride this rollercoaster alongside us, then please apply
Start date: ASAP