At DAME we believe women deserve better. That’s why we’re cleaning up the period industry, focusing on plastic waste, harsh chemicals and period shame. In January 2019 we launched the world’s first reusable tampon applicator, to tackle the 1.3 billion single-use applicators thrown away in the UK every year, along with our own organic, biodegradable tampons. Since then we’ve grown a community of amazing customers in over 60 countries, secured nationwide listings in most major retailers, and saved nearly 3 million plastic applicators from entering landfill and our oceans. We’re also proud to be a certified B Corp and the first ever Carbon Neutral Plus brand, demonstrating that we meet the highest environmental and ethical standards. We’ve recently launched our second product, reusable period pads, which include patent-pending design technology to make them softer, thinner, drier and greener.
You’ll be the spider in the web of our D2C offering. Whilst we have grown over the last 2 years, the recent pandemic has shown that we need to be scrappy AF in order to navigate this changing landscape. Challenger and activist is where we see ourselves, ripping up the rulebook to deliver on our ambitious growth plans, whilst building an iconic, world-changing brand. You’ll work alongside our founders, who themselves bring the brand and the mission to the table.
We need you to be the channel DJ, executing and testing our ideas across our different channels, and adding your commercial nous to make sure we hit our targets and take DAME to the masses. You’ll have experience working in an early-stage startup and will be comfortable to experiment relentlessly, adding structure and feel comfortable in that process. You’ll also feel comfortable failing occasionally.
This role is full time and will report into one of the founders.
Management and vision
● Oversee marketing activities across all customer touch points (PR, content, digital, social, events, partnerships) ensuring we are always cohesive, consistent and customer focused
● Recruit, manage and inspire your own team of DAME changers (including external agencies)
Strategy and Planning
● Design marketing plan, taking our learnings from the last 2 years and your knowledge of how to make a brand grow
● Create forecasts and budgets, having the analytical skills to make sure we know where we’re at at all times
● Give rigorous structure to the department, ensuring that the dual nature of creative and commercial can mesh together
Growth & Direct to Consumer
● Work with our graphic designer and content editor to design and execute multi-touchpoint campaigns that can fuel our scale-up across both D2C and retail channels, delivering on key growth,retention and brand awareness metrics
● Identify opportunities to keep our CAC in check whilst increasing eyeballs on the site and current customer lifetime value
● Improve our UX, working alongside our data analyst and web development team to dig in and assess our cohort analysis, basket mix and site flow, always looking to improve our conversion rate
● Design and develop meaningful dashboards to monitor performance against objectives and ensure issues & opportunities are quickly addressed
● Be responsible for leading updates both in our weekly/monthly team meetings, and to our investors, on D2C key metrics and results
● You care deeply about our planet and want to inspire positive environmental change – it shapes how you think about the world and live your life
● You’ve got demonstrable experience (5+ years) in marketing roles, with at least 2+ years at an early stage challenger brand (with prior subscription service experience a bonus)
● You’re well versed in managing a team alongside external agencies
● You’re one of those rare breeds with a strong left and right brain – you can recognise creativity but are drawn towards testing, measurement and iteration
● You understand how brand marketing interacts with performance marketing to drive growth together
● You’re as comfortable with big brand campaigns as you are small and scrappy projects.
● You’re analytical and organised; proficient with analysing and interpreting data (CPA, LTV, payback), especially when it comes to monitoring and reporting on OKRs
● You’re a self starter and thrive on autonomy, happy to be proactive,resourceful, flexible and self-motivated. You love rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. You’re comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
● You’re not afraid to fail, always learning fast from your mistakes
● You have excellent written and spoken English language skills
● You’ve got proof of eligibility to work in the UK
What You’ll Get
● Competitive compensation, depending on experience
● Employee options scheme
● 25 days of paid annual leave plus bank holidays
● An endless supply of free organic tampons
● An exciting opportunity to help shape a sustainable challenger brand, committed to using business as a force for good
● The chance to be part of a tight-knit energetic team,recognised as one of Escape The City’s Top 10 companies to work for in 2019