To apply for this job please visit static1.squarespace.com.
Salary: £ 27,000 > £36,000 depending on experience
Team: Marketing & Communications
Location: Matter. HQ, Unit 5, Avon Trading Estate, St Philips, Bristol, BS2 0XA
Reports To: Chief Commercial Officer, Tim LeRoy
About the company
Matter is a Microplastics technology company focused on sustainable design and the circular economy. It was founded with the ambition to change the world and to create a team of people with the skills and abilities to deliver that change. We are working on some of the biggest challenges of our time, removing micro-plastics from the world’s waterways, and creating a circular economy from the tons of plastic heading towards our Ocean.
This is a job for an experienced and expert organiser, to run our team and our campaigns. You will need to bridge the gap between creative project management and commercial analysis and reporting. You might be working on managing film shoots in the morning and helping to negotiate co-promotions with international brands in the afternoon. You will be an expert plate-spinner, juggling multiple projects, tasks, and campaigns, ensuring that all the moving parts work together smoothly.
We are a small collaborative team working with freelance creatives, so this is a hands-on job to start with. Everyone is expected to help with any task, but the in-house marketing team will grow rapidly over the coming year, so you’ll quickly become a team-leader and manager.
We are professional problem-solvers and we approach all our marketing in the same way, converting powerful ideas into impactful campaigns that radically change behaviour and thinking, with speed and accuracy. You are required to be a safe pair of hands with a calm, can-do attitude, and be capable of making good decisions autonomously. You’re expected to be a highly organised, levelheaded, and focused individual who can hit tight deadlines without ever compromising quality. The work is intense and fast-paced but highly rewarding.
You need to be a committed but compassionate environmentalist with a pragmatic and realistic worldview, open to new ideas and radical thinking, but with the empathy to help build a global brand.
Your role will include but not limited to:
• Managing the day to day operations of the Sales, Marketing and Communications strategy to ensure that Matter becomes a profitable and influential company, exceeding its commercial targets and objectives.
• Managing the team’s workflows, tasks and deadlines to ensure everyone knows what needs doing and by when, and that it all happens brilliantly.
• Helping to lead the development of our external communications processes and campaigns to ensure that we create and deliver effective campaigns, events and media coverage.
• Developing a detailed reporting and analytics programme that measures progress and tracks impact across our campaigns, channels and activities.
• Organising and running events, focus groups, seminars and partner meetings.
• Managing the marketing budget, ensuring that costs are controlled, and we get maximum value from expenditure.
• Managing our CRM to ensure we can look after our customers, partners and suppliers with accuracy and speed.
• Managing the day to day relationships with agencies, partners, contractors and advocates.
• You may, soon, have direct reports and/or interns. Experience in managing a close-knit team is required.
• This is not a 9am to 5pm job. This is an opportunity to be help lead the development of a radical new way of doing business. We are creating a totally new category and a new business model, and you’re in charge of making everything happen within the marketing and communications team.
• Matter makes leaders not followers. We will give you everything you need to grow professionally and personally, and we expect you to do the same for those whom you lead.
• We support family life, as we are doing this for the future of our families, but it will be a highly demanding and all-consuming role, and you should relish and embrace that reality.
• You are the link between creativity and commercials. You’re expected to understand and communicate with internal teams and external agencies to ensure sensational ideas become viable deliverables.
• You should be willing to help re-write the way eco marketing has been done.
• A degree isn’t essential, but it’s a good indicator.
• Experience in marketing, sales, business development or event management.
• A proven record of helping to deliver high-quality, low-cost, fast turnaround campaigns.
• High competency in IT literacy ─ using programs such as the Windows 365, Mailchimp,
CRMs, Databases and media monitoring tools.
• Native-level speaker of English and high written competency in English.
• Flexible working environment. Based at our Bristol HQ with remote days possible.
• 26 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays (pro rata).
• +1 day to take on your birthday.
• Pension scheme.
• On-site parking for bicycles and cars.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanour within a flexible and (at times noisy and busy) work environment.
• Must be willing and able to travel internationally and domestically.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Before applying please read this.
This role is a vital part of the successful development and growth of Matter. We are a young company, growing rapidly, and we are a tight-knit team so working together (literally and metaphorically) is essential.
Our HQ is a large facility that is set up for being able to work safely, and we have a comprehensive and dynamic working plan for Coronavirus, to keep our team safe and to mitigate for the inevitable disruptions.
Whilst we do work remotely when required, the nature of this role and our stage of development as a company, means that this cannot be a fully remote-working position.
To that end, you will need to live within realistic commuting distance of our HQ in central Bristol or be willing and able to relocate immediately.