At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re looking for a Materials Process Engineer to select & further develop the best process to produce polymer liners for hydrogen storage tanks. You will select and specify equipment required whilst supporting the rest of the team with other tasks such as filament winding, robotics, process optimisation, and supporting the development and implementation of a quality system.
- Understanding of process development and optimization.
- Experience of Polymer processing in either injection molding, blow moulding or other polymer manufacturing background.
- Willingness to deep dive into research and learning.
- Ability to do both research and hands on work
- Ability to manage changing priorities.
- Hunger to learn and desire to achieve
- Ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and Arrival as a company.
- Specific blow moulding experience.
- Knowledge of polymer to metal joining
- Lead the selection of the most appropriate process to manufacture high volumes of polymer pressure vessel liners.
- Work alongside our Polymer specialists to ensure processes are optimised for the chosen materials.
- Deep dive into multiple processes including attending training courses when appropriate to better understand each possible process.
- Support with the development and manufacturer of prototype components.
- Work alongside the rest of the team to create technical proposals that can be used for quotation and standard specification purposes.
- Liaise with suppliers to outline technical specifications and attain competitive quotes for equipment and machinery.
- Design testing plans and carryout testing and validation on samples.
- Conduct or support with process flows and control plans.
- Produce detailed document packs to fully capture data and learnings.
- Help to implement 6S and lean practices within the team.
- Support the materials quality team to deploy a flexible and functional Arrival quality standard.
- Provide the rest of the Materials Team with manufacturing process support.
- Uphold Arrival’s ethical and aspirational targets.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.