REPORING TO: Head of Mechanical Engineering
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Saietta Group is an SME specialising in the design, development and manufacture of electric motors and drive solutions for vehicle OEMs. We are a British company specialising in a full product development service from market research, competitor benchmarking and feasibility study, through to mass production launch and after-sales support.
We work directly with customers to provide bespoke packages tailored to OEM customer requirements. We provide a turnkey service, usually starting with a CAD feasibility study leading to the production of a working prototype. Our head office is in Oxfordshire, England on an ex-military airfield with access to 20 miles of private roads to test and optimise electric drive solutions for two, three and four-wheeled vehicles.
We have ambitious growth plans and, as a result, plenty of opportunities for rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach to work who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. We also seek people with a high level of integrity and accountability with the desire to make a positive contribution to Saietta.
We are looking for highly motivated people who want to be part of a genuine team working towards common goals. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and can-do attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Description of the Role
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. Your role will be to create 3D CAD designs and 2D detail drawings to the highest standard. You will join a close knit and highly experienced engineering team focussed upon delivering projects and solutions for an emerging Electric Vehicle market. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone looking to join the electric vehicle revolution!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Creation of 3D parts and assemblies using the latest CAD systems.
- Must have a strong design background along with design for manufacture knowledge.
- Design of key elements, jigs & fixtures, process refinement.
- Undertake engineering calculations, design verifications, and design analysis.
- A good understanding of volume manufacturing and quality processes.
- Drawing pack and BOM preparation in readiness for release to production.
- Close involvement with research & development projects.
- Ownership of tasks from initial concept through to completion.
- Create and maintain BOMs whilst working closely with the engineering team.
- Build, test, and validation of prototypes and new design concepts.
- Attend project review meetings and deliver on key milestones.
- A keen desire to learn and develop your skills and engineering knowledge.
Profile & Skills:
- Degree in mechanical or automotive engineering OR mechanical design experience within a precision engineering environment.
- Must be proficient with the use of 3D CAD – SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience working with PDM system would be beneficial.
- A good understanding of drawing standards, tolerances, limits and fits, GD&T.
- A broad knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods would be an advantage.
- A keen desire to learn and develop your engineering skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work to the highest standard with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience of mechanical FEA analysis tools and simulation packages.
- Experience of electro-mechanical systems would be an advantage.
- Hands on practical experience preferred.
- Sound understanding of safety requirements.
- Good problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.
Please send your application to the below address: