At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
Job duties will include:
• Producing complete and accurate component designs solutions from technical specifications or verbal descriptions according to company standards
• Produce manufacturing specifications for designed components
• Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of trends in mechanical systems including design and manufacture, systems engineering and methodology
• Producing calculations and supporting specifications/design documents
• Calculate tolerance stack-ups to verify design fit-up
• Prepare design drawings of various complexity
• Work closely with all necessary departments to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free
• Work from customer or company drawings
• Use existing drawing standards as guidelines
• Self-check for completeness and accuracy of work produced
• Provide engineering and technical support for all products
• Bills of Material creation and maintenance
• Revisions to existing products envisioning potential areas of improvement
• Create and maintain electronic files as required
• Cost analysis through the verification and validation of the design
• Liaise with suppliers on daily basis
• Using UG NX to complete your day-to-day tasks
• Maintain utilisation by assisting with non-drafting project activities such as component assembly and hands-on work in the shop as shop as appropriate.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.