The role of CAD Designer is to use CAD to develop & maintain process flowsheets, P&IDs, 3D CAD model, structural drawings, Planning layouts & manufacturing drawings with a focus on Design for Manufacture.
The role will also require you to play a key role in our Quality Assurance system – establishing and maintaining documents, drawing registers, design system forms, change control systems and bill of materials.
- Process Flowsheets / P&IDs
- Develop / maintain 3D model (using SolidEdge) -drawing from supplier & standard piping component models & dimensions
- Structural drawings & manufacturing drawings
- Layouts & Planning Application Drawings
- Engineering Quality System – Document / drawing registers, design system forms, change control systems, bills of materials.
- Assist and lead aspects of the mechanical design of RT’s facilities, Produce technical specifications and reports for projects
- Support the manufacture, assembly, installation & commissioning of processes
- Ability to teach others in the use of Solid Edge.
- Design of high temperature vessels/ processes
- Experience of working in a manufacturing team
- Solids handling equipment.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics