Date position required ASAP
Reporting to Head of Test
Benefits Bonus, Life Insurance, Pension etc.
Location Saietta, Heyford Park, Bicester OX25 5HE
Applications by ASAP
Application format CV and covering letter
Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, automated assembly. Saietta is now evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
This is a very exciting and challenging engineering opportunity for a proven mechanical design engineer, with to join a small but growing automotive technology company in Oxfordshire.
The company is involved with the design and development of axial flux motors and electric drivetrain systems for the electric vehicle market. This role will involve the design and development of bespoke test rigs and test equipment (e.g. dynamometers) for use within the company’s new test facilities.
As mechanical design engineer within the test team you will be involved with:
- Working with the head of test and external consultants to specific, design and deliver bespoke test equipment for the test of the company’s electric motors
- Mechanical design of test equipment, test fixtures, jigs, tooling, shafts, cooling and lubrication systems
- Use of CAD systems (e.g. AutoCAD, Solidworks)
- Assistance with physical plan layout of the test facilities including services (e.g. electrical power, safety systems, enclosures, etc)
Expected skills and experience:
The company is looking for an experienced mechanical design engineer with proven experience of designing test equipment, ideally for rotating applications (e.g. electric motor testing) or similar.
- Ideally a relevant degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (mechanical engineering, etc)
- Proven experience in the design of test equipment, test fixtures, jigs, tooling, shafts etc.
- Experience with designing and developing cooling and / or lubrication systems (liquid / gas)
- Use of CAD systems (e.g. Solidworks, AutoCAD)
- Practical hands-on approach to engineering (test, validation, and verification of test equipment / machinery) – able to work effectively in a small company environment
- Experience with physical layout of test systems and services would be useful (e.g. safety barriers, electrical supply, air / fluid systems, etc)
- A good problem solver with the ability to create solutions to engineering problems
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a small team
- Appreciation or experience of electrical wiring and layout would be very useful
This is a great opportunity for a creative, collaborative, passionate and ambitious mechanical design engineer to make their mark this growing electric vehicle technology company.