To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at 100,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers. The electricity we sell is 100% renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff wellbeing and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Proof of Concept which will help shape our future complaints operating model. As this is a proof of concept, we may choose to flex and change as the weeks progress and because we need to test whether this model is the right one for us we may rotate our teams to the front line once the PoC concludes.
Our Care Champions perform a key role in our business in caretaking and resolving first line complaints received from our members. We take it seriously when we let our members down and the role of the Care Champion is vital in regaining trust, and setting our members back onto the happy path.
Our Care Champions have a varied role working with both emails and direct phone calls – Our teams need to be flexible and pragmatic so where a phone call will expedite the resolution of an issue, our teams need to exercise good judgment in progressing the most rapid and enduing solution.
** This role requires knowledge, experience and previous training in our Credit team processes & procedures **
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
· Demonstrate your excellent customer service skills tenaciously for each member you interact with
· Deliver high quality standards, whilst multi tasking
· React ‘real time’ to the members who are in your case load
· Show your ability as a self starter through supporting your wider team when your case load lightens
· Work with your team, and your Team Lead to identify ways to improve service so that future complaints can be avoided
· Demonstrate real care and complaint resolution skills, always looking for improvements you can share with others
· Knowledge & experience of the Energy Industry
· Excellent customer service skills and a real passion for being ‘on it’ and taking ownership in resolving issues our members have faced
· Experience of working in MST Credit
· Good working knowledge of Excel
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work with people across all levels of our organisation
· Keen eye for detail, and sound judgement
· Great problem solving skills
· Takes initiative and a quick learner
Desirable Skills (support will be given to learn)
· Experience of working in a Continuous Improvement environment
· Experience of managing and resolving complaints
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.