We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
This role sits in the Smart Operations function within Smart Delivery. Reporting to the Smart Operations Lead, this is a unique opportunity to lead a contact centre process who have a direct impact on Smart Meter installations- an integral element of Plan Zero Our plan to drive progress to net zero carbon living.
What will I be doing?
Your teams will take calls or webchats from Smart Meter Installers who are in customers homes and will ensure that the install goes smoothly, troubleshooting any potential issues that may arise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of around 25 agents across 2 Team Leaders
- A focus on delivering and maximising a consistent level of performance across internal and industry measured KPIs related to your area. This extends to day to day management of all HR issues that may arise for the team
- Driving development, engagement and training needs within your area
- Work closely with the SME Process Lead at how we integrate OVO Systems into BAU
- Partner with Field Operations to identify process improvements that will enable you to reduce cost, improve efficiency and performance in your team
- Work collaboratively with all teams to ensure that Smart Operations are working in the most efficient and productive ways possible
- Ensuring the delivery of process improvements and cost saving initiatives
- Monitor changes and innovations in the wider Industry which can be used to benefit OVO Operations
- Make sure SEC obligations meet the required standards
- Develop future management capability and support individuals in the team to fulfil their potential
- Monitoring and managing team performance and implementing appropriate plans to ensure objectives are achieved
- Identify barriers to great performance and work to release these blockers
Is this the job for me?
- Experience of working within an Operations area in the Energy sector
- Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of Smart metering and performance management
- Experience in process improvement
- A proven track record of being an experienced leader
- Thinking quickly on your feet and having to make decisions regularly on what to do next for the team/department
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.