Exciting and rewarding opportunity to work within Ecotricity’s Microtricity department – a department dedicated to the Feed-in Tariff scheme via microgeneration and managing the Energy Saver Plan.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional customer skills and enjoy problem solving. It is a varied position dealing with a wide customer demographic from domestic installations to large scale corporate installs. You will be given autonomy to support the customer in all aspects of their lifecycle with Ecotricity in respect of their microgeneration installation or their ESP account.
This department provides substantial training and support to ensure you develop and achieve your professional goals, as well as being an expert in your field. In-turn; you will be providing the best possible service to the customer.
Microtricity is responsible for facilitating Ecotricity’s involvement in Ofgem’s Feed-in Tariff scheme. The end-to-end journey from the registration of their microgeneration equipment, through to them being billed quarterly is all handled by Microtricity.
What you will do…
- Provide exceptional customer service to Microtricity customers through any issues or problems that they may have – over the phone, by email and face-to-face
- Take ownership and resolve all queries relating to Ecotricity’s operation of the Feed-in Tariff and Energy Saver Plan scheme’s
- To handle all Microtricity related administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Processing new Feed-in Tariff sign-ups on internal systems and Ofgem’s CFR
- Checking and verifying all documentation relating to Feed-in Tariff applications
- Processing Meter Readings each quarter and related enquiries
- Processing Microtricity payments and related enquiries
- Processing Home Moves
- Handling other Feed-in Tariff related queries from internal and external customers
- Handling possible billing queries
- Liaising with third party regulators and affiliates to reach suitable outcomes for both Ecotricity and the customer
- Liaising with Multi-Site Generators in relation to site or account specific queries
- Handle all Microtricity related administrative duties and ad-hoc tasks as required by the team
- Constantly refreshing your knowledge on feed-in tariff
Knowledge, skills and experience:
Skill Set Required
- Excellent verbal and telephony skills.
- Excellent written communication –emails/letters etc.
- Exceptional standard of numeracy.
- Exceptionally high standard of accuracy & attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and manage a varied work load.
- Highly computer literate including in MS Excel and Access
- Good time management & personal organisational skills.
Specific Knowledge Required
- Experience of using customer management CRM systems
- Experience within a customer service focused environment
- Experience using Excel spreadsheets and Access databases
- Understanding or awareness of the ‘Feed in Tariff Scheme’
- Experience of Ofgem renewable policies
- Experience working within a heavily regulated environment
- An awareness and understanding of the utility industry
- Billing experience
- Manages relationships effectively both internally and externally
- Influences outcomes by using effective negotiation
- Treats customers the way we like to be treated ourselves
- Solutions focused and resourceful
- Committed to continual improvement
- Engaging and motivating attitude and style
- Methodical and organised, managing own work
- Is receptive to feedback and acts accordingly
- Exceptional team player who builds open and supportive relationships
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Creative and innovative
Ecotricity is Britain’s greenest energy company. When we started back in 1995, we were the first company in the world to supply a new kind of electricity – the green kind.
Our mission was and remains to change the way energy is made and used in Britain – by replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable energy.
We don’t just supply green energy, we use the money from our customers’ bills to make it ourselves too – we build windmills and sun parks in Britain. We call this ‘bills into mills’. In 2021, we’re starting work on building two new solar parks, and in 2022 we’re bringing geothermal energy to our customers’ fuel mix, a first in the UK. We’re also developing green gas mills which will generate 100% green gas from a source that will never run out – grass.
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric vehicle charge points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and, in partnership with RSPB, we launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk + RSPB.