We’re looking for a Technical Team Leader to lead a team of Energy Experts, working closely with our Service Team Leader & Customer Relationship team. We want you to really drive performance of your team to ensure the delivery of all technical departmental process, and elements of the FiT cycle run smoothly; regulatory and contractual agreements, Levelisation, Biennial verification, internal and external Audit facilitation & the Energy Saver Plan (ESP) portfolio.
Its an exciting time for the department as we’re in the process of upgrading our CRM systems to improve our customer service and make our internal procedures more efficient – the successful candidate will play a key part in us delivering this.
- Managing the ongoing development of the Microtricity Technical team including managing staff performance against agreed objectives & skills levels
- Lead, implement and improve key departmental processes including Levelisation, Biennial verification, Audit facilitation and ESP procedures
- Support the Microtricity Lead operationally to execute Levelisation
- Assist internal stakeholders to find data lead solutions to existing problems
- Work alongside our Team Analyst to ensure our Biennial Performance as a FiT licensee is in line with OFGEM compliance
- Manage the delivery of quarterly ESP billing & debt recovery
- Seek to develop and implement systems to streamline department processes
- Ensure regular Personal Development Reviews (PDR) are completed for all staff and ensure delivery of regular coaching sessions
- Effectively recruit new team members and facilitate their training
- Ensure the team delivers exceptional customer experience to all customers
- Create and maintain strong relationships with the wider business, recognising and delivering improvements for our customers and/ or staff
- Play an active role in key development programs for Microtricity
- Ensure all Microtricity business processes adhere to all relevant FiT legislative guidance and frameworks, particularly in relation to Biennial Read requirements
- Ensure that underperformance is managed through utilisation of the performance support scheme best practice, in line with our People team’s process and policy
- Produce regular reports to agreed timescales and to complete any other reporting or monitoring of workload as requested
You’ll have a positive ‘can do’ proactive attitude, be people centric, and able to take a measured approach to workload management.
Due to the technical aspect of the role, you’ll have extensive experience of working with data and various softwares, as well as people management experience. You’ll also have an outstanding level of attention to detail, with a proven track record of problem solving.
In order to succeed in the role, you’ll be extremely organised and commercially aware, with the ability to foresee future challenges that may arise and plan to mitigate against them.
- A strong leader and exceptional team player who builds open and supportive relationships both internally and externally
- Analytical and methodical
- Strong emotional intelligence – able to utilise a range of management techniques to get the best out of your team
- Open, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Able to effectively prioritise and reprioritise
- Solutions focused and resourceful
- Committed to continual improvement
- Engaging and motivating attitude and style
- Organised and excellent time management
- Is receptive to feedback and acts accordingly
- Creative and innovative
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of team leadership with a proven track record for motivating others
- Able to visualise, interpret & present data, and advise on strategies to improve company performance based on results
- Substantial level of MS excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and run multiple workstreams, using own initiative
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and make commercially aware decisions
- High level of numeracy, accuracy and problem-solving ability
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work dynamically and accurately under pressure
- Ability to engage with external regulators and 3rd parties
- Knowledge and experience within Feed-in Tariffs and related renewable frameworks – desirable
- Energy industry literate – desirable
Ecotricity is the greenest energy company in Britain. In fact, when we started back in 1995, we were the first green electricity company in the world.
Our mission was and remains to change the way energy is made and used – after introducing green electricity to the world, we introduced green gas to Britain in 2010 too.
Our model is unique: we use our customers’ energy bills to fund the building of new sources of green energy. We like to refer to this as turning ‘bills into mills’ – energy bills into energy mills, whether that’s wind, sun, sea or gasmills.
We’ve built over seventy wind and sun parks across Britain, we’re planning to build Britain’s first ever Green Gasmills, and through Britwind, our small wind company, we design, build and deliver small wind turbines to landowners and businesses throughout Britain and the world!
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built and run the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric car chargepoints, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk.