REPORTING TO: Head of Mechanical Engineering
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Market & Company Overview
The rapid transition of all forms of transport to electric vehicles (EVs) is unstoppable. Governments globally are aligning on 2030 being the year when the sale of new internal combustion engine (ICE) cars are banned and all 2/3/4 wheel vehicles will quickly follow. The end of the road is in sight for the ICE Age, we’re in the EV Era.
Saietta Group is ideally positioned to be a leader in the transition. We are an established SME based in Oxfordshire, England which engineers and manufactures class-leading EV motors. We’ve invested heavily to engineer proprietary, Axial Flux Traction (AFT) motor tech which is a break-through in EV propulsion motors. It’s patent protected with clear competitive advantages in torque, efficiency and cost. It’s modular in design, meaning high and low voltage e-motors can be provided from scooters to buses. It’s also been rigorously designed for high automation in volume production. The result is a powerful competitive advantage of the right performance at the right price to drive the global mass transition to EVs.
We also provide turnkey engineering services to OEMs. Capabilities include market research, product definition, CAE & simulation, e-motor electrical & mechanical integration, prototype build and vehicle testing on 20 miles of private test tracks. We can go further still into low volume production and production process definition. Click here to see more.
The launch motor variant is branded AFT 140 and is optimised for mid-power motorbikes and final-mile delivery vehicles. It delivers class-leading performance with high torque density at low voltage and is particularly efficient on urban duty cycles. AFT 140 cost effectively delivers class-leading performance for the L-Category (scooters, motorbikes, quadricycles, final mile delivery vehicles) target market. It’s in production, generating healthy sales revenues and we’ve won a major UK Government research contract to fast-track us to mass production … BBC News APC16 research contract win – YouTube
We are growing rapidly and can offer rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the EV revolution in a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, strong team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and a positive attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Description of the Role
We are looking for a mechanical / electrical technician who will assist us with the manufacturing of our prototype products, tooling and drivetrain projects. This involves working collaboratively as part of a team on a variety of tasks that will help us develop our motors, processes, customers, and ultimately develop the company.
Although experience of working in a similar environment would be advantageous, what we are really looking for is a motivated, competent person able to demonstrate technical abilities and with a drive to deliver in all aspects of work every day. A background in, or experience of automotive electrical would be very useful. The right attitude and mindset are vital for this position!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To engage in the assembly of prototype, pre-production and production motor components and complete motors.
- To constructively develop and meet build team targets.
- To drive for continuous improvement of build processes optimising quality, repeatability, tact time and documentation. Communicating suggestions, improvements, or problems effectively.
- To both identify the need for and undergo any training that may be required to complete projects to the highest standard.
- To be able to follow internal standards and procedures including and quality related requirements.
- Some technical abilities: general mechanical understanding and competence with tools.
- Have a ‘hands on’ and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Flexibility to adapt to different tasks.
- Be open to change: both temporary priority-driven change and longer-term change arising from procedure development.
- Display the ability to identify and resolve problems and issues.
- Be motivated and proactive.
- Keen to learn and develop with the company.
- Basic Word and Excel skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.
Please send your application to the below address: