REPORING TO: Chief Engineer
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Saietta Group is an SME specialising in the design, development and manufacture of electric motors and drive solutions for vehicle OEMs. We are a British company specialising in a full product development service from market research, competitor benchmarking and feasibility study, through to mass production launch and after-sales support.
We work directly with customers to provide bespoke packages tailored to OEM customer requirements. We provide a turnkey service, usually starting with a CAD feasibility study leading to the production of a working prototype. Our head office is in Oxfordshire, England on an ex-military airfield with access to 20 miles of private roads to test and optimise electric drive solutions for two, three and four-wheeled vehicles.
We have ambitious growth plans and, as a result, plenty of opportunities for rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach to work who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. We also seek people with a high level of integrity and accountability with the desire to make a positive contribution to Saietta.
We are looking for highly motivated people who want to be part of a genuine team working towards common goals. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and can-do attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Description of the Role
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Motor Control Engineer to join our team. Your role will be to take hands-on responsibility for the commissioning, tuning, set-up and instrumentation of electric motors and controllers on test rigs and in applications. You will join a close knit and highly experienced engineering team focussed upon delivering projects and solutions for an emerging Electric Vehicle market. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone looking to join the electric vehicle revolution!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and commissioning of various traction motor controllers (e.g. Sevcon Gen4, Curtis Instruments and EMSISO emDrive).
- Fine-tuning of feedback control loops for different motors.
- Producing wiring diagrams.
- Making of wiring harnesses for test rigs and electric vehicles.
Profile & skills:
- Background (degree) in Electrical Engineering / Electronic Engineering / Mechatronic and Robotic Engineering, or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of PMSMs and their control strategies.
- Experience with the commissioning of a range of motor controllers for use with traction motors.
- Experience gained within the automotive sector would be advantageous.
- Basic knowledge of CAN bus (CANopen).
- Experience with EMC would be a bonus.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.
Please send your application to the below address: