REPORING TO: Head of R&D
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Saietta Group is an SME specialising in the design, development and manufacture of electric motors and drive solutions for vehicle OEMs. We are a British company specialising in a full product development service from market research, competitor benchmarking and feasibility study, through to mass production launch and after-sales support.
We work directly with customers to provide bespoke packages tailored to OEM customer requirements. We provide a turnkey service, usually starting with a CAD feasibility study leading to the production of a working prototype. Our head office is in Oxfordshire, England on an ex-military airfield with access to 20 miles of private roads to test and optimise electric drive solutions for two, three and four-wheeled vehicles.
We have ambitious growth plans and, as a result, plenty of opportunities for rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach to work who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. We also seek people with a high level of integrity and accountability with the desire to make a positive contribution to Saietta.
We are looking for highly motivated people who want to be part of a genuine team working towards common goals. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and can-do attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Description of the Role
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Motor Design Engineer to join our close knit and experienced R&D team. You must have prior experience and deep knowledge in the design, simulation and testing of electric traction motors. You will also need to be able to work autonomously, take initiative and accept responsibility for delivery on various customer projects.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Design and simulate axial-flux electric motors (from a high-level sizing perspective through to detailed prediction of performance and efficiency).
- Demonstrate a creative attitude, find new solutions and investigate relevant novel technologies and their application.
- Quickly understand and further optimise our in-house axial-flux motor design calculations.
- Further develop our parametric motor performance prediction models.
- Specify appropriate verification tests to compare experimental and simulations results.
- Support Procurement with technical specifications and supplier liaison.
- Contribute to the requirements capture and decomposition process from system level to component level.
- Be aware of relevant automotive standards and quality-related requirements.
- Participate in technical design review sessions to evaluate solutions.
- Write technical reports.
- Contribute to the DFMEA, FTA, ETA design analysis process.
Profile & Skills:
- Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering Degree (MSc or, preferably, PhD).
- AC traction motor electromagnetic design (particularly axial-flux).
- AC motor modelling and control theory (d/q reference frame).
- Electromagnetic FEA (preferably ANSYS / COMSOL).
- Experience in cooling approaches for electric traction motors.
- Electric motor insulation knowledge (requirements specification, ageing analysis, automotive specifications, etc).
- Test procedures for automotive-grade electric traction motors (life rating, efficiency & performance, drive cycles, etc).
- Understanding of vehicle considerations for electric drivetrains.
- Programming / scripting and data analysis (MATLAB / Python / Excel).
- Large-scale optimisation procedures & approaches.
- Simulation of dynamic systems (Simulink / Octave / Modelica).
- 3D CAD and thermal FEA / CFD experience would be an advantage.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.
Please send your application to the below address: