To apply for this job please visit peoplesenergy.co.uk.
People’s Energy are a young and fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched, through crowdfunding, on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair, and affordable solution for all customers. We promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers through annual rebates, promise full transparency, and we will involve customers in key decisions. The electricity we sell is 100% renewable.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Service, as our MST Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of Team Leaders within the business and be their primary point of contact for any information they need, provide development and coaching for them, and be their support for any agent queries or issues that arise whilst ensuring a culture of continuous development across all teams is encouraged.
As our values are a big part of who we are as a business, you will be expected to actively promote these values at all times and lead by example in your approach to work and people within the business as well as out with.
You will manage the team of Team Leaders, whose primary role is to act as first point of contact for all new business and servicing queries, as well as managing day to day administrative needs of our members.
We are in an exciting stage of our business growth, with significant opportunity for you be part of a team who are continuously developing and growing.
You will make use of existing technology applications daily, becoming a power user of them in time and refining them to gain insights or look for areas to automate to deliver operational efficiency internally and increase customer self-service in order to lower effective contact rates to our Membership Support Consultants.
You will manage the day to day work and business needs of the Membership Support team leaders and agents, but you will also analyse customer and complaint data, to assess ways we can make improvements to our processes, query and complaint handling and to our overall service.
We are looking for someone who will look at the big picture to put processes and improvements in place that will directly benefit our members, agents, and
You will collaborate and proactively engage with other key stakeholders within other areas of the business.
Using your influencing skills, you will create a culture of continuous improvement within your team.
Core Responsibilities of the Head of Customer Service role will include but not be limited to:
· Lead and manage the Membership Support Team Leaders and agents and be responsible for driving performance and development
· Provide high quality service to our members, seeking to achieve excellence in customer experience, directly relating to our CSAT scoring
· Manage daily calls, emails and transactions which are aligned to the Membership Support team, ensuring adequate resourcing plans have been implemented, contact trends are monitored continuously, and work remains within SLA.
· Use data rigorously to drive improvements, researching service and efficiency levels and identifying ways to improve them
· Identify training and development requirements or opportunities to increase the competencies and capabilities of the teams and Team Leaders
· Support the Head of Customer Service is rolling out and ensuring new processes/structures are followed by team members and team leaders
· Handle member escalations where necessary
· Extensive experience of customer service and driving excellence in customer experience, working within a fast-paced customer facing environment, specifically from an inbound call centre
· Experience of managing a team of team leaders within a contact centre customer service environment; this includes all people management competencies, including dealing with absence, disciplinary issues, performance management, etc.
· Experience of service improvement
· Strong relationship management skills
· Strong communication and time management skills
· Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment and be resourceful in finding answers and solutions whilst showing resilience in the face of pushback from others.
· Proven track record of problem-solving skills
· Experience of monitoring and reporting on data and draw insights from data, to inform improvement activities
· Experience of implementing new processes to ensure services are always fit for purpose.
Energy industry experience would be advantageous but not essential
You will provide line manager support to the Membership Support Team Leaders. You will provide overall managerial direction and guidance to the full Membership Support Team and you will report to the Head of Customer Service.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your CV for review.