With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Manager, Network Operations
What You Will Be Doing
The Network Operations Engineer will work closely with Customer Support, Product Management, Design and QA teams and be responsible for handling escalated driver and owner issues, working directly with vendors for new deployments and troubleshooting, and be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day efficiency of networked charging stations.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Monitor and investigate station issues on network. Ensure that the ChargePoint network and stations are working correctly.
- Identify and report upon bug patterns. Work closely with development team on resolutions.
- Provide level 2 debugging support for station issues.
- Further ideas and define projects that will assist NOC team in supporting 100,000+ stations. This includes identifying and developed automation of repetitive and bulk tasks.
- Implement solutions needed for advanced monitoring.
- Provide timely reports to management on the health of the ChargePoint network.
- Document and revise existing documentation on existing processes to ensure all members of Network Operations team can handle similar tasks. Cross-train other members of the department through regular meetings and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Experience managing network operations in a Linux/datacenter environment
- Familiarity with network topology, VPNs, access rights
- Knowledge of databases, SQL queries, report writing
- Past history of working in a troubleshooting environment (helpdesk, triage teams, etc.)
- Process management/optimization skills
- Experience documenting existing and new processes and procedures
- Advanced knowledge in shell scripting (BASH)
- Knowledge of Python a plus
- Familiarity with Confluence and Jira a plus
Reading UK, Amsterdam or Remote
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.