To apply for this job please visit thesegovia.recruiterbox.com.
We build products to improve the lives of people in emerging markets by connecting them to global payment networks.
The Segovia payments platform enables enterprise customers to send money across Africa. We help non-profits provide assistance to people living in poverty, gig economy startups pay workers, and remittance companies transfer funds from diaspora communities.
We recently joined the Crown Agents Bank (CAB) Group and are a small US/UK/Africa-based team looking to hire people who are excited by our mission and share our values. We’re looking to hire exceptional people who are excited by the mission, share our values and are fun to be around – and we offer competitive salaries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As our Network Technical Coordinator, you’ll be joining the Segovia Payments Network team which is responsible for growing and maintaining our network of payout partners (banks and mobile network operators) – the network at the heart of everything we do. In the team, your primary role will be oversight and coordination of new partner API integrations and existing partner integration management. You’ll sit between our engineers and our partners’ to oversee integration projects, coordinate and perform technical analysis, identify issues, and solve problems. You’ll own the relationships with our partners’ technical contacts and will work over time to deepen them and develop our offering with those partners.
More specifically you will:
- Oversee and own communications between our engineers & our partners’, acting as an information conduit to synthesize requirements and responses
- Dig into partner technical documentation and get to the root of issues you identify, synthesizing the results in a clear and compelling way for a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Drive coordination of Payments Network workflow with our Engineering team, working alongside our product managers to prioritise and scope work
- Investigate new partner network connections from your local terminal to test connectivity and perform exploratory analysis on their API
- Proactively monitor and assess network operations, identifying and solving technical issues and executing day to day activities
- Maintain and govern Payments Network data stores
- You have 5-10 years’ work experience in a technology company or in a technology department. Bonus if in roles such as Systems Administrator, API Product Administrator, Systems Analyst
- You are highly organized and have a keen eye for detail
- You are flexible, adaptable and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have strong communications and writing skills
- You can work effectively with a broad range of people, from junior business analysts to software engineers to senior management
- You are a self-starter who enjoys working to find their own solutions to problems encountered
- You are competent and literate with computer systems; you have some experience with coding / programming; you have an understanding of concepts such as APIs, HTTP requests / responses, basic authentication / authorisation, basic software systems architecture & environments
- Are excited to work with us to make payments to emerging and frontier markets (especially Africa) cheaper and more efficient
- Seek roles where you often get to learn from trying out new things
- Speak French (useful, but not required)