Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re looking for an Office Manager based in West London. This role is to support the day to day operations of our Centre of Excellence facility that will provide training for our operations workforce and developing innovative customer solutions. Additionally, our facility will be used for exhibition and educational purposes.
What you’ll do
- Welcoming visitors and directing them to the relevant office/personnel
- Responsible for planning visitor events
- Liaise with clients to find out their exact event requirements
- Supporting logistic planning & hotels for visitors attending our training courses
- Creating travel itineraries for training courses, employees and company events
- Carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos, resumes, and presentations
- Coordinating and managing appointments, meetings to prevent duplicate bookings
- Performing bookkeeping tasks such as invoicing, monitoring accounts receivable, and budget tracking
- Maintaining general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files related to the company’s operations
- Purchasing office supplies, equipment, and furniture
- Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities, and equipment
- Performing other relevant duties when needed
What you’ll need
- 2 or more year’s experience within a similar role
- Experience in the hospitality, event industry and or training/educational centre environment/office management experience
- Good local knowledge of hotels and transport links to centre location
- Excellent communicator across a variety of different scenarios
Why else you’ll love it here
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation – we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health. We also have access to the EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme – if you want to get an EV!
If this opportunity sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
More about us
Octopus Energy Group is an energy tech company. We use technology to make green electrons cheap and revolutionise customer experiences.
Octopus Energy already supplies over 2 million homes with cheap green power in the UK, with operations in Germany, Australia and the USA, and launches planned for Japan and New Zealand. By the time you’ve applied, this list may be longer.
As well as all that, Octopus Energy for Business supplies green energy to over 20,000 companies, Octopus Electric Vehicles helps make clean transport cheaper and easier, Octopus Energy Services brings smart products into thousands of homes, and Octopus Centre for Net Zero is a multi-disciplinary research organisation helping Governments and industry reach net zero sooner.
Octopus Energy Group’s tech arm, Kraken Technologies, enables our innovation. They have created our API driven in-house technology platform, built from the ground up around the customer. It powers the outstanding service, efficiency and smart products we’re using to accelerate the world’s transition to a decentralised, decarbonised energy system.
The Kraken tech platform has been licensed to support over 17 million accounts worldwide, through deals with Good Energy,E.ON, Hanwha and Origin Energy – we’ve raised over £500 million to continue on our mission globally.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.