At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because more than 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 47 million users in 17 countries saving more than 101 million meals from going to waste – that’s more than 252,000 tonnes of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Office Manager to join us in our London office.
We believe that the office should be the physical embodiment of our amazing culture and values. The pandemic and its lockdowns showed that the flexibility to work from home is incredibly important, but it also reminded us that the shared experiences of being together in the office – the relationships strengthened, the creativity and collaboration fostered, the real life celebrations – are precious and so powerful in creating a fantastic place to work.
As Office Manager, it’s your mission to ensure our office (and all the little things that go with it) is a positive, inclusive, and productive environment. You help us make the most of every day, ensuring we have the tools, space and atmosphere that we need to fight together as one team in our mission to end food waste.
Reporting to the UK Head of People & Culture, you are an integral part of the local People & Culture team. Your responsibilities are varied and various, with core focuses on the physical office space, social events & celebrations, organising staff travel & other logistics, and providing executive assistance to our Country Manager.
- Office space: ensure our office is a fantastic place to work, accommodating the needs of our teams, including design & use of space, workstation & meeting room set ups, and general cleanliness.
- Sustainability: lead the way in ensuring we practise what we preach so that we have zero food and drink waste in the office. You will also search for ways the UK business can become more sustainable in everything we do and contribute UK data to the global carbon neutral project.
- Supplies: keep up a provision of office supplies so that the team has what they need when they need it. This includes IT essentials, tea & coffee, fresh fruit and cereals, and sustainable Too Good To Go-branded stationery.
- Office management: own the office budget and relationships with our landlord, facilities company, and other key suppliers.
- Socials and celebrations: you will lead the organisation and planning of all our socials, including summer and festive parties. Celebrating our own milestones and impact is really important to us, so you’ll be doing lots of this; so we need someone who brings a real sense of fun to these moments.
- IT: manage our IT equipment and ensure each team member has the kit they need, including laptops, mobile phones, and phone plans.
- Wellbeing and Health & Safety: working with the Head of P&C to ensure the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our team is looked after and promoted. This includes First Aid, Mental Health First Aid, general health & safety, and fire safety.
- General tasks: managing incoming and outgoing post and deliveries, purchasing printed materials, and organising staff gifts.
- A passion for sustainability and enthusiasm for our mission of fighting food waste, with a “we can change the world” mentality.
- Strong track record in office management roles.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to effectively prioritise competing tasks.
- Proactivity and anticipating future needs.
- Flexibility and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Creativity and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, approachability and emotional intelligence.
- A great sense of fun
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1,400 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.