Office Manager/Personal Assistant
We are looking for an energetic Office Manager & Personal Assistant to join our growing team as we build the UK’s first industrial scale insect factory to sustainably feed the world.
Contract: Full-time employment
Location: London Bridge with opportunity to work part-time from home
Holiday Allowance: 36 days per annum inc. bank holidays
Anticipated start date: ASAP
We are the UK’s leading insect biotech company. Our mission is to sustainably feed the world with the power of insects. Here Silicon Valley technology meets the black soldier fly as we produce sustainable insect-based animal feed ingredients, and eventually also human food ingredients.
We’re looking for an energetic and efficient administration manager to ensure the smooth running of our support operations on a day-to-day basis as well as providing personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner to our executive team. This is an exciting opportunity to join our company as we are deploying the UK’s first industrial scale insect factory.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth running of our administrative and support operations on a day-to-day basis
- Implement and maintain procedures and office administrative systems
- Manage HR and financial administrative processes and systems
- Support the executive team, mainly the CEO, by managing inbox, agenda and CRM system
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs
- Make travel arrangements
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in an administrative role, e.g. executive/personal assistant, office manager
- Knowledge of software packages (e.g. MS Office, G Suite, Pipedrive, Notion) and office management procedures
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Minimum experience: 5 years
Feel free to apply even if you do not meet every requirement in this posting.
What we stand for
Our team is made up of a diverse group of people who are experts in their field. They care about our mission and directly contribute to shaping our organisation. We want to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, reflecting the diverse society we work in. We will support you throughout the recruitment process with any reasonable adjustments required in accordance with the Equality Act. Please contact the Recruitment Team if you require support.
We are proud of the working environment and culture we have built which can be summarised as follows:
We care: about the planet, our people and our customers
We are brave: bold and courageous, always
We are hungry, foolish and humble
We commit to excellence and expect that from each other
We have the freedom to make decisions: acting in the company’s best interest.
Applicants should include a covering letter which includes examples of your relevant skills and experience, your CV, and the names and e-mail addresses of two referees.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Applications must be received by 5 May 2021.
Application deadline: 05/05/2021
Related keywords: personal assistant, admin, pa
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
We are currently working from home as much as possible to protect the team from COVID-19. Where site visits are absolutely necessary, we have a comprehensive policy in place to ensure all staff have appropriate PPE and follow safe working practices.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place