Offsetra is a start-up carbon offset provider, based out of the UK with team members also in Germany and the US. Our aim is to increase the number of individuals and businesses that choose to start their carbon offsetting journey by increasing transparency and reducing costs in the voluntary carbon markets, and perhaps most importantly, by taking an innovative approach to on boarding new users. You can learn more about Offsetra on our website, take a poke around and don’t forget to take check out our Knowledge Base!
About Offsetra Grow
The concept behind Offsetra Grow is to leverage the network effect and couple it with an attractive rewards system to nudge people towards beginning their offsetting journey. Many people are looking to reduce their carbon footprint and are beginning to take small actions, but we’d like to encourage them to take a plunge and start offsetting now–to legitimately ensure they have a net zero carbon impact from their daily life. By raising the profile of offsetting through networks and giving cash rewards proportional to the number of people they manage to on board on to Grow, we expect to see an increase in the number of people taking their first steps to becoming an ‘offsetter’, and ultimately increase the value of climate finance going to handpicked carbon offset projects. Learn more about Offsetra Grow here.
What are we looking for?
We’re searching for an intern who is effective at content development and social media engagement to support Offsetra with its outreach for Grow. Ideally, the successful candidate will be knowledgeable and passionate about environmental issues and will have a strong social media presence themselves. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to increase the Offsetra Grow user-base through social media activity and interactions. However, as a start-up, we welcome out-of-the-box thinking and innovative ideas to help scale our product.
What do we offer?
- Remote work, with flexible part-time hours
- Monthly stipend of £250(for an initial duration of 3 months)
- An Offsetra Grow Membership (1 of our initial release accounts)
- Insight into the ups and downs of working at a start-up
- Opportunity to work closely with our co-founders and take part in our weekly team catch-ups.
How to apply?
In order to be considered, submit at least one of the following,in addition to a classic CV (PDFs attached only!) before 30thNovember 2020 at 12:00 UTC:
- Option A: Build an infographic that depicts the Offsetra Grow model and its impact on climate change.
- Option B: Create a Twitter post (text, photo or video) tagging @offsetra with the hashtag #offsetragrow -get creative and let’s see what kind of traction you build.
- Option C: Write a max. 2-page blog article on your sentiment for the future of the carbon offsetting market, considering environmental, economic and regulatory drivers.
Email the above to email@example.com | Subject: OFFSETRA INTERNSHIP