To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
The O&M Specialist Engineer (Security) is an essential technical role providing support to the RES O&M division. The overall purpose is to proactively assess and improve plant performance and reliability, and supporting with faults and plant troubleshooting.
The specialist systems include:
- Security devices including alarm panels, CCTV cameras and digital video recorders
- Site communication networks including RS485 (Modbus), ethernet, fibre
You will support O&M field staff remotely and undertaking site visits in the UK. Occasional travel outside of the country for training courses and conferences. Some work outside office hours may be required when necessary to support the service.
You will initially report to the Senior O&M Manager for approximately 12 months and once established the role may change reporting lines.
The responsibilities of the O&M Specialist Engineer include:
- Develop a strong and detailed understanding of the portfolio’s security arrangements and help develop the internal knowledge base
- Perform remote preventive maintenance on the security system
- Prepare scopes of work for the on-site preventive maintenance to be carried out by the site technicians. Review PM results and ensure necessary actions are taken.
- Remain a point of contact to support troubleshooting and rectification of faults on the specialist systems
- Liaise with sub-contractors for delivery of security work where required
- Develop opportunities for RES’ in-house security capability and accreditation.
- Lead the initiative to develop contingency plans and spare parts provision to reduce equipment downtime
- Identify and propose upgrades to the specialist systems
- Support other RES departments to set up remote connections to sites
- Support monthly reporting checking activities across O&M
- Support assessment of competitors’ capabilities.
- Line management of technicians as the department grows
- Technical knowledge of the relevant security technology areas
- Basic knowledge of electrical drawings and electrical system concepts is essential
- Excellent communication skills enabling effective discussion and transfer of information Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and a data analysis tool such as VBA, Python, R or Matlab
- Strong attention to detail between areas of the business and turbine manufacturers or site teams
- On-site troubleshooting experience security systems in the context of renewable energy
plants, including the associated network and communication protocols
- Track record of solving tough technical challenges with innovative approaches
- Formal qualifications in security systems and equivalent industrial experience
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.