Who are we?
Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years, other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free, and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born. The Onto team is looking to radically enhance the customer experience and set us up for explosive growth. Come and join us – you’re in for an exciting ride!
Join us on our mission of revolutionising the £2 trillion automotive industry.
We are seeking a diligent and enthusiastic office administrator to join our Operations team, based in our office in Leamington Spa. You will be responsible for general administration tasks and play a primary role in ensuring that all office administrative functions are coordinated to achieve a high level of productivity within the company.
What will you do
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Managing all post that comes into the office, distributing and notifying the relevant internal teams.
- Packaging and labelling items, and carrying out a daily post office run. Updating our fleet management system when necessary.
- Track the stock of office supplies, placing orders where necessary.
- Managing the compliance of our fleet against Transport for London exemptions and Tax renewals requirements.
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary.
A bit about you
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- You have high attention to detail, and consistently check the accuracy of your work. You can manage your time effectively.
- Ability to quickly understand systems and processes as well as being confident and computer literate in programmes such as Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
Nice to have:
- Passionate about working in a fast growing startup and sustainable, subscription brands
As well as a competitive salary we provide a number of other benefits including:
- Onto car discount (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- Staff options scheme
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Quarterly off-sites and team building
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 depending on experience.