Who are we?
Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years, other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free, and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born. The Onto team is looking to radically enhance the customer experience and set us up for explosive growth. Come and join us – you’re in for an exciting ride!
Join us on our mission of revolutionising the £2 trillion automotive industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for a defleet coordinator to join our fleet planning team. You will manage the offboarding process for vehicles we are preparing for sale, working closely with both our external partners and the wider Onto team to ensure that the defleet operation runs efficiently and produces the highest quality output.
This role would suit someone who is passionate about operating within a face-paced, growing company who is looking to be challenged and grow. You will be encouraged to evolve our processes and develop ways of working as a team, as well as taking ownership for your areas of accountability. The ideal candidate will operate in a structured and logical way, ensuring that our vehicle operations are run in an efficient manner and have confidence to work independently.
This is a full time role (Monday – Friday 09:00- 17:30).
What will you do
In particular, you will be:
- Liaising with 3rd parties to ensure de-fleet vehicles progress through the off-boarding process, meeting quality standards, deadlines and resolving issues that occur along the way in an efficient manner
- Completing administrative tasks to ensure that the status of each de-fleet vehicle is accurate and up to date
- Identifying vehicles that will be going through the de-fleet process and ensuring all appropriate parties are aware
- Collaborating with our Fleet Analysts to make certain that all required information is available to enable a vehicle to be sold and that all vehicle sales are completed on time
- Collaborating with our Fleet Maintenance team to make sure all bodyshop repair work is completed to the correct standard and on time
- Creating detailed hardware de-installation guides for all models on the Onto fleet, and working with 3rd party suppliers to ensure the processes are followed correctly.
- Ensuring all hardware that is removed from each vehicle is accounted for and re-distributed appropriately
A bit about you
- You can multitask in a fast-paced, proactive environment and work quickly to master the detail under pressure. You have the ability to remain calm, and bring order to complex tasks with tight deadlines
- You have high attention to detail, and consistently check the accuracy of your work. You can manage your time effectively to ensure we always resolve issues quickly
- You are confident in learning how to use technical support tools to monitor vehicle flows and react quickly to any exceptions
- You are always looking for ways to improve the efficiency and end quality of our processes and will be confident in sharing your ideas to implement change
- Ability to quickly understand systems and processes as well as being confident and computer literate in programmes such as Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
Nice to have:
- Passionate about scaling up startups and subscription brands
- Experience in the Automotive Industry and vehicle
As well as a competitive salary we provide a number of other benefits including:
- Onto car discount (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- Staff options scheme
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Quarterly off-sites and team building
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
Salary: £23k – 27k depending on experience.