Onto is Europe’s largest electric car subscription service, growing at over 20% month on month, with over 4,000 subscribers today and another 2,500 cars arriving before the end of the year.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
We are a high-growth tech scale-up, having launched 4 years ago with significant funding from top-tier VCs, most recently raising £125 million of equity and debt in July 2021 through a Series B funding round. Onto. Our team has grown dramatically, with offices in London and Leamington and with overseas expansion planned for 2022.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Drivers also want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
Over the last 10 years other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
If you would like to know more check out our About page.The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Vehicle Operations team to help deliver a seamless operational service to our customers.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responding to operational customer issues, travelling to our customers’ vehicles to diagnose and resolve hardware faults, and updating and resolving these issues through our fleet management system. Company vehicles will be available for travel to customer issues.
This role would suit someone who is passionate about operating within a fast-paced, growing company, excels at utilising a customer-first way of thinking, enjoys customer interaction, and is looking to be challenged. You will be encouraged to evolve our processes and develop ways of working as a team, as well as taking ownership for your areas of accountability. The ideal candidate will operate in a structured and logical way, ensuring that our vehicle operations are run in an efficient manner, and have confidence to work independently.
This is a full time role (Monday – Friday 09:00- 17:30), based out of our London office. Occasional weekend work will be required.
What will you do
In particular, you will be:
- Attending our customers’ vehicles to diagnose and resolve issues, always putting the customer’s experience first
- Progressing and resolving customer issues using our fleet management system, demonstrating an efficient, consistent and professional mindset
- Collaborating with the wider Onto Operations and Customer Service teams to develop and improve our customer-facing processes and procedures
A bit about you
- You enjoy travel and hands on work, and are comfortable and professional when dealing with customers
- You have a willingness to show the flexibility required to support the growth of the business
- You have high attention to detail, and consistently check the accuracy of your work. You can manage your time effectively to ensure we always resolve issues quickly
- You are always looking for ways to improve the efficiency and end quality of our processes and will be confident in sharing your ideas to implement change
- You must have held a full driving license for at least 2 years, and with a maximum of 3 penalty points. No DR10 or DR30 convictions
Nice to have:
- Passionate about working in a fast-growing startup and sustainable, subscription brands
- Experience in customer-facing role
What we offer you
As well as a competitive salary we provide a number of other benefits including:
- Onto discounted car (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- Staff options scheme – everybody qualifies for this, we are building something incredible and want all our staff to feel valued and part of the future success.
- Pension contribution
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Quarterly off-sites and team building (digitally at times)
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
Salary: £22k – 25k depending on experience.