To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Who are we?
Onto is Europe’s largest electric car subscription service, growing at over 20% month on month, with over 4,000 subscribers today and another 2,500 cars arriving before the end of the year.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
We are a high-growth tech scale-up, having launched 4 years ago with significant funding from top-tier VCs, most recently raising £125 million of equity and debt in July 2021 through a Series B funding round. Onto. Our team has grown dramatically, with offices in London and Leamington and with overseas expansion planned for 2022.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Drivers also want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
Over the last 10 years other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
If you would like to know more check out our About page.The Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our small but productive Operations team. You will manage the onboarding process for new vehicles into our fleet, working closely with both our external partners and the wider team to ensure vehicles are available in the right place at the right time for our customers.
This role would suit someone who is passionate about operating within a face-paced, growing company who is looking to be challenged and grow. You will be encouraged to evolve our processes and develop ways of working as a team, as well as taking ownership for your areas of accountability. The ideal candidate will operate in a structured and logical way, ensuring that our vehicle operations are run in an efficient manner.
This is a full time role (Monday – Friday 09:00- 17:30).
What will you do:
In particular, you will be:
- Liaising with 3rd parties to ensure new vehicles progress through the on-boarding process, meeting quality standards, deadlines and resolving issues that occur along the way in an efficient manner
- Planning and supporting the phased release of new vehicles to maximise availability
- Completing administrative tasks to ensure that the vehicle details held in our systems are accurate and up to date
- Working with our Logistics Analysts to make certain all customer bookings on new vehicles are realised on time
- Hands on with demo vehicles for new electric vehicles to the market, working alongside the team in ensuring that each new model has been successfully tested with our keyless technology before it being released to our customers
A bit about you:
- You can multitask in a fast paced, proactive environment and work quickly to master detail under pressure. You have the ability to remain calm, and bring order to complex tasks with tight deadlines
- You have high attention to detail, and consistently check the accuracy of your work. You can manage your time effectively to ensure we always resolve customer issues quickly
- You are confident in learning how to use technical support tools to monitor vehicle flows and react quickly to any exceptions
- You are always looking for ways to improve the efficiency and end quality of our processes and will be confident in sharing your ideas to implement change
- Ability to quickly understand systems and processes as well as being confident and computer literate in programmes such as Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
Nice to have:
- Passionate about scaling up startups and subscription brands
- Experience in the Automotive Industry and vehicle logistics
- Experience managing 3rd party relationships
What we can offer:
- Onto discounted car (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- Staff options scheme – everybody qualifies for this, we are building something incredible and want all our staff to feel valued and part of the future success.
- Pension contribution
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Quarterly off-sites and team building (digitally at times)
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
Salary: £23k – 27k depending on experience.