Who are we?
Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years, other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free, and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born. The Onto team is looking to radically enhance the customer experience and set us up for explosive growth. Come and join us – you’re in for an exciting ride!
Join us on our mission of revolutionising the £2 trillion automotive industry
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Operations team, reporting directly to the COO. You will be responsible for the development and creation of the reporting structure of the Operations team, providing analytics and overview dashboards to allow the wider business to have a clear and accurate picture of business performance at all times.
What will you do
You will work with the COO and wider department to identify and create reports and dashboards. You will use your analytical and technical programming skills to:
- Be responsible for building the core reports and dashboards to help accurately display Operations performance and trends and enable the business to make data-led decisions
- Be regularly reporting findings and ongoing KPIs into the management team to provide visibility into performance and assist operating optimisation
A bit about you
It is essential that you can multitask in a supportive, fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment and work quickly to master-detail under pressure. The ability to remain calm, and bring order to complex tasks with tight deadlines is essential.
- A creative thinker, you have a hunger for novelty and newness with a keen interest in emerging technology and innovating
- Passionate about learning, and this curiosity will lead you to a deep understanding of and empathy for the business & customer and of the objectives and needs of your stakeholders
- Skills to create reports and dashboards that allows teams to understand and optimise initiatives using tools such as SQL, Python/R or data visualisation platforms like Power BI or similar
- Ability to prioritise and assist business requests with a service mindset
- Flexible and well organised, with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
Nice to have:
- BEng/BS in a numerical field
- Experience working at a subscription-based company
- You’ve used tools like Google Big Query, Segment or Google Analytics
- Project Management skills
- Previous insight, analyst or consulting experience
As well as a competitive salary we provide a number of other benefits including:
- Onto car discount (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Quarterly off-sites and team building
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
Salary: £32k – £35k based on experience