As an OE within Beam Lettings, you’re supporting people experiencing homelessness on their remarkable journey out of homelessness and into their own home in the private rented sector.
If you’re a talented problem solver who’s excited to join a passionate team scaling a multi-award-winning Tech for Good, we’d love to hear from you!
Read more about our company culture in Beam Life.
What matters to us
People: We want to work with ambitious, friendly and empathetic individuals who excel at building strong, respectful working relationships.
Making an impact: We set and pursue challenging targets in a fast-paced startup environment that puts huge value on idea generation and transparency.
Growth mindset: An enthusiasm to learn in a startup founded by someone that’s scaled a business to millions of users, and raised funding from the world’s top tech investors.
Passion for tech: We love getting a little nerdy with the latest tools and apps and working in a lean and data-driven way.
Want to see a Lettings OE in action? Check out Bluinse’s Instagram Story!
- Support – supporting our homeless members on their journey to independence: helping them understand their finances and guiding them with their house hunt
- Acquiring properties – Tracking down and sharing carefully vetted housing for people we support & arranging viewings
- Selling – Finding and persuading landlords to rent their properties via Beam and ensuring a seamless experience for all stakeholders
- Closing the deal: having an eye for detail when arranging paperwork between all parties
- Tenancy support: providing support to members and landlords should any issues arise after a tenancy is signed
- Improving our model: Beam Lettings is a new service and we expect you to bring and test fresh ideas to help us iterate and improve our model
- Managing a large caseload of people using Beam with confidence and clear boundary-setting
- Working empathetically and in a solutions-focused way with people who’ve been through difficult experiences
- >1 year high-quality operational experience, ideally in a high-growth start-up or social enterprise
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude, you’ll thrive under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Great multi-tasker and highly detail-orientated and risk-aware
- Highly adaptable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Committed to promoting equality of opportunity in London – and far beyond
Nice to haves
- Experience working with vulnerable individuals (don’t worry, everyone who joins is enrolled on a thorough training programme when they join)
- Account management or relationship building experience, ideally with landlords or in the real estate sector.
- An in-depth understanding of the housing market
- Polish or Romanian language skills
- Advanced Excel or SQL
Compensation & Perks
- Highly competitive startup salary of £25-35k – we’re open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new / recycled)
- Work phone
- £500 annual “Be Amazing” budget to spend on anything that helps you achieve your potential
- £80 monthly counselling budget
- Cycle Scheme
- Plenty of Beam merch and books aplenty
- Perkbox perks – discounts and freebies at hundreds of top brands
- Hybrid office – significant flexibility plus the team bonding and fun of a physical space (once government rules allow)
- Fortnightly socials in everything from candle and pizza making to treasure hunts
- Annual team retreat (once government rules allow)
- Unlimited holiday, with a minimum of 20 days per year
- ‘Beam Team Talks’ – monthly talks to the team from pre-eminent figures in tech and other sectors. Speakers include the cofounders of JustGiving, Booking.com, Starling and Shazam.
Applications for the role are considered on a rolling basis and there is no fixed start date. If you happen to also be interested in the Operations Executive role, no need to apply twice, your application will be considered for both opportunities.
There are 4 interview rounds:
- Round 1: 30 minutes video call
- Round 2: 2.5 hour assessment followed by 30 minutes debrief
- Round 3: 1 hour presentation, partly in role play
- Round 4: 3 x 30 minutes interviews with one of the founders & 2 other Beamers
All our interviews are currently conducted over Zoom. It usually takes us a week to get back to you after each round. Due to a high number of applications, we are unfortunately unable to offer feedback before Round 2. Feedback for subsequent rounds is provided if requested.
At Beam, we work hard to build diverse teams and believe diverse teams are the most impactful. We’re especially excited to hear from BAME candidates or those with lived experience of social disadvantage.