- Full Time
We’re looking for an Operations Lead
Chatterbox is an iconic tech company aiming to change the lives of millions of marginalised workers, and thanks to a recent investment round we are growing fast. We’re looking for a startup-friendly Operations Lead with a passion for remote work to inject magic into our business, people, and user operations. In this role, you will work directly alongside our CEO, with a mission to build the most inspiring remote workplace in the world.
This role requires excellent organization skills, personally and as a team lead. The right person will have experience owning the execution of internal operations for 30+ remote employee company. You will work closely with the CEO on strategic & board operations and building team efficiency, and with all functional leads to design and execute company-wide operations – including legal, accounting, people operations, staff onboarding, annual reviews, company retreats, and overseeing user support.
As well as executing key operational functions, you should have the confidence and ability to design new ways of working that are more efficient and delight our team and community. Your work will have considerable and tangible impact across our growing company, and you will get stuck in collaborating with many members of our functional leadership team, especially customer success. If you’re excited by the challenge of building a workplace that embraces the future of work, we want to hear from you.
A bit about us:
We build technology that connects talented yet overlooked workers with opportunities in tech.
Our multi-award winning SaaS platform already empowers overlooked talent in need of work, from refugees to returnee mothers, to teach their native languages online at top corporates like BNP Paribas and Unilever.
Our company has sparked interest from the likes of Bloomberg and the BBC, and backing from top investors in Europe and Silicon Valley. This is a rare opportunity to work in a high-growth, VC-backed startup with a global social impact.
This hands-on role will develop you to:
- Build high performing business, people, and user support operations at a high-growth tech company
- Lead the development and implementation of internal operational handbooks and policies, ensuring company-wide compliance
- Strategize process improvements within operations, including company reporting, contracting and compliance
- Build a high-performing remote team culture that attracts and retains the best talent
- Design and coordinate performance reviews to ensure team efficiency and coordinate team objectives setting alongside the CEO
- Be an active member of the Functional Leads team, always looking to develop and enhance our processes to ensure that all business logistics and operations around people and teams are in place
- We’re a young start-up and you’ll be working on lots of fun things outside of your job description
Essential skills & experiences include:
- Experience owning the execution of internal operations for 30+ remote employee company
- Highly organized, personally and as a team lead, and ability to manage multiple stakeholders and juggle priorities in an extremely fast-paced work environment
- Able to execute quickly and with a high level of autonomy
- High data literacy and excellent software skills
- Extraordinarily good communication skills and flawless written English
- Mission driven, looking to grow Chatterbox so that we have a positive impact on the lives of marginalised people globally.
In addition to a competitive salary, we’re proud to support our team members with:
We’re a VC-backed startup looking to produce systemic change by unlocking talent in marginalised communities. We’re supported by some of the best early stage partners in the world, including startup studios All Turtles, Founders Factory, and GMG Ventures. They will become a part of your team too.
The Chatterbox founders first started working together between the sandy beaches of Lisbon and the cityscapes of London. Today, we’re a global and remote-first company with an office in both tech hubs. You can choose to work from either of our offices in Lisbon or London, or 100% remotely from anywhere in the world – whatever suits you best, as long as you’re functional in GMT.
We’ve always worked remotely so know a thing or two about how to build thriving working relationships and a close-knit company culture remotely, currently across 5 countries. For those who like in-person events, we have quarterly team retreats, co-working and socials in London/Lisbon, and a ‘Chatterbox House’ in each city to host members of our team overnight if they would like to visit.
“The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads. That sucks.” Joining us, you will be working on a social problem that genuinely matters; the global opportunity gap that causes talented people from marginalised backgrounds to become long-term unemployed. As an early stage startup, your work with us will have an even bigger impact on the future of our company and movement.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Because you can’t be superwoman or superman without the right cape and boots. We offer magical quarterly team retreats, an annual personal learning budget, and the opportunity to invest in your own success with EMI-qualifying share options in Chatterbox. Oh, and unlimited free language learning (naturally 😉).
Some important stuff we would like you to know:
We believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied.
We’re also usually hiring several roles at once – if you recommend someone who lands any of our paid roles we can offer you a reward of £250 to thank you for adding another valuable member to our family. You can also sign up to hear about future roles on this career site.