To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at over 250,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers. The electricity we sell is renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff well being and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
Overall purpose of the role
To deliver social good to People’s Energy members via growth and profitability of the business. To enable that profitable growth to People’s Energy by managing a team of ten employees to achieve energy sales targets via outbound telephony. To ensure that above all your sales team demands achievement of the guiding principles of the company and do so by delivering weekly and monthly metrics across people, sales performance and customer satisfaction.
· To deliver monthly team target of energy sales volume as specified and agreed by Channel Head.
· To maintain a team “Go Live” performance in line with monthly target.
· To maintain team level performance of a minimum 75% of FTE on target.
· To keep a weekly 121 schedule with all agents monitoring progress on performance and culture.
· To instil a coaching culture across your team with regular updates, feedback and development.
· To pro-actively interact with other stakeholders within the business to ensure best results.
· To deliver weekly and monthly sales performance metrics.
· To develop a success culture where a clear path to target is set and understood.
· Above all – maintain the values of Peoples Energy internally and externally delivering the above.
· At least one year experience in outbound energy sales
· Speed to adapt to direct reports and stakeholders
· Excellent organisational skills
· Experience of sales and coaching techniques
· Exceptional drive to succeed without compromising company values
· Understanding of Excel, Word, PP and other MS software
· Ability to manage a target over multiple reports and over specific timescales
· Work ethic that shows an example to your direct reports
· Ability to show avenues of development to direct reports with clear path to development
· High personal standards and expectation to perform in any circumstances.
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.