To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who are People’s Energy?
People’s Energy are a young and fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched, under crowdfunding, on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair, and affordable solution for all customers. We promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers, promise full transparency, and we will involve customers in key decisions. The electricity we sell is 100% renewable.
As a PA, you will provide support to the People, Data and Commercial functional areas of the business with a variety of administrative and project-based activities. With a proactive approach and the ability to manage several diaries at once, you will be in integral part of the smooth running of the departments. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in management of many projects as well as getting exposure to the wider business. If you are an internal candidate, this role will be offered as an initial 6 month secondment and will be reviewable in line with performance and business needs.
· PA support to the Chief Information Officer, Chief Commercial Officer and Chief People Officer – replying to emails, letter and taking phone calls
· Diary management – managing multiple diaries at any one time
· Team administration – meeting set up, slide preparation, coordinating updates and follow-up actions
· Meeting governance – booking diary invites, room booking, minute taking, minute and actions distribution
· Document preparation and editing – Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
· Email management – front line response to emails coming into the managers and forwarding as appropriate
· Travel & accommodation booking and coordination
· Development of presentation materials, performance reports and meeting packs
· Arranging special projects and events for the managers when required
· Supporting the teams with collation of documentation and ad hoc duties
· Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· High level of Microsoft Office skills
· The ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
· Can do attitude and the ability to work well as part a team, as well as taking initiative and working autonomously when required
· SharePoint experience would be advantageous
· Previous PA/EA experience at senior manager level is desirable
· Event management experience is desirable
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.