About The Company
First Mile are the 9th fastest growing clean-tech company in Europe and one the UK’s leading recycling businesses; recently voted one of the 1,000 companies to inspire Britain 2017. We make recycling easy for businesses and are passionate about providing amazing services for our customers. As a result, almost 4,000 new customers join First Mile every year.
Due to growth in the business, this is a chance to join our high energy Customer Success team and become a part of our story.
We want you to make a real difference. You will learn and be given support to develop existing and new skills. For further information about us see our website.
About The Role
If you’re an energetic individual who is committed to providing first-class customer service, signing up new customers and interested in recycling/ environmental issues, then this is a great opportunity for you.
You will amaze customers by providing swift and efficient responses to queries of all kinds including getting new customers across the line and set up. You will act as problem solver, resolving issues rapidly and identify ways to improve performance and service delivery to customers. You will contribute to the growth of the business by maximizing all inbound sales opportunities.
You will report to the Customer Success Manager on a daily basis.
This role will be 4 days a week Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
- Incoming calls from existing customers: taking orders and dealing with general enquiries
- Solving both routine problems and complex customer enquiries and issues
- Complaint handling
- Responding to customer emails
- Outgoing courtesy calls to existing clients
To succeed in this role you will have a great phone manner and the ability to work within a team is absolutely essential. Other essential skills include:
- A strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability (put simply, someone who make things happen)
- The ability to think and act independently; be creative and curious,
- Determined, resilient and self-driven with a focus to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy/ attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Quick to learn. Being proactive about your development
- Logical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Good computer skills and experience of using a customer relationship management system
We don’t have a ball pit or unlimited vacation, but people come to work at First Mile because of the impact they can have, and the opportunities to grow.
That being said, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) as well as an extra day for each complete year of service.
First Mile takes great pride in giving back to society, therefore we offer a volunteering scheme to our employees.
The most valuable thing we can offer you is responsibility, learning and opportunity in our rapidly growing company, much if which can be hard to find elsewhere. You will be an important part of our team and will get to experience lots of aspects of our business on top of the exposure that your role will already give you (which just couldn’t happen in a bigger company!). We will encourage you to follow your passions and will give you the opportunity to learn and try new things within a structured framework designed to help you excel.