SYSTEMIQ is an organisation driving system change in clean energy, circular material solutions, sustainable land use, and sustainable finance. By addressing failures in these areas, SYSTEMIQ aims to unlock economic opportunities that benefit business, society and the environment.
We connect the right people, ideas, technologies, and capital to transform economic systems. We do this through five activities:
- Convene and support coalitions of leaders to shape policies and business strategies that will rapidly transform economic activity
- Work with companies that want to be pioneers and drivers of change towards more sustainable systems
- Co-create and incubate the market solutions most likely to build regenerative economic systems
- Invest our own venture capital and expertise in opportunities with the biggest potential to drive rapid system change
- Direct larger pools of capital into regenerative economic systems, so they scale and multiply.
To deliver in these areas, we recruit and develop distinctive and varied individuals who strive to achieve our mission, challenge the status quo and act as change leaders.
SYSTEMIQ is an equal opportunities employer. SYSTEMIQ’s recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About our Energy Platform
We work across 4 platforms: Clean Energy Systems, Materials and the Circular Economy, Regenerative Land Use and Systems, Sustainable Finance. In our Energy Platform, we work to Accelerate the (energy) transition to net-zero. We aim to do that by realizing a multiplication of net-zero targets and commitments, creation of enabling environment, and acceleration of investment shifts and deployment of new solutions. We thus work across 5 areas: we lead the Energy Transition Commission, are a core founding member of the Mission Possible Partnership, develop country decarbonization pathways, work on advisory for (coalitions of) corporates and develop solutions.
The talent we need
We are looking for a Partner to join our Energy Platform, preferably to be based out of Amsterdam, London or Munich. Paris also an option. The new Partner will contribute to delivering innovative and effective solutions for clients engaging in Energy System Change, with a focus on advisory and solutions build out. As a senior-level consulting professional with advanced knowledge in a range of energy-related business fields, as well as knowledge and experience managing small-to-large scale projects, you will be expected to:
- Work with clients/partner organizations to define and manage delivery of system change solutions across our five activity areas as mentioned above with the highest quality and impact;
- Lead, or strongly influence, SYSTEMIQ’s client teams working across multiple lines of business and markets and define success measures and drive the teams to deliver
- Create and manage strong, ongoing client relationships becoming their trusted partner and influential strategic advisor on all areas of system change
- Anticipate client needs through study of their industry trends, business challenges, and business environment and provide clients with recommendations to support system change analysis and implementation;
- Participate in client strategy, planning, and innovation sessions with client teams, and bring new ideas to retain clients and increase revenue;
- Work with other internal SYSTEMIQ partners to source teams required to support clients;
- Represent and position SYSTEMIQ and our systems change approach at major events, industry meetings, and in major media outlets;
- Manage financials of an assignment including tracking project profitability and growth.
This highly strategic work involves some of the most prominent institutions in the field, has a very international character and aims to achieve significant impact over the next 3-5 years. Project work will require advanced problem solving, analytical and relationship skills to deliver breakthrough insights, action and results. Our teams are typically small (2-5 people) and team members may be involved in more than one project/venture at a time.
SYSTEMIQ is looking for a Partner with a track record of distinction in professional work. You have proven results in different contexts and are keen to work in a young, entrepreneurial company where you can get involved in a variety of work, shape the business and make maximum impact. You come with a background in consulting or industry. You are passionate about SYSTEMIQ’s mission and approach to system change.
We are specifically looking for someone with extensive experience;
- 10-15+ years’ experience in leading complex advisory as well as non-advisory projects;
- Demonstrated ability to drive systemic change in complex settings;
- In senior-management or client-facing consulting, working on complex, strategy and/or business transformations;
- In tackling systemic challenges, with a distinctive ability to develop practical disruptive solutions in the fields of energy system design and decarbonization, of industry, transport, power markets, and/or build environment
- In bridging across the real economy, policy and finance to help mobilise capital and accelerate market transformation
- Track record in sourcing projects at C suite level
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify growth/impact opportunities
- Highly advanced problem-solving and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with a focus on strategic challenges;
- Established network, proven relationship management skills, also on a very senior level and in various cultural contexts;
- A strong & compassionate commitment to coaching and developing people, with an empowering leadership style;
- Strong inherent affinity with SYSTEMIQ values (creativity, challenge, collaborate, change and care) and be able to demonstrate how they have lived these values in a professional setting;
We offer the opportunity to benefit from the world-leading networks of our partners and be part of a high-calibre, driven, and fun/friendly team.
We are keen to receive applications from all parts of the global community.
Ideally, you have the Right to Work in the location you are applying for
Please send your application via our website. Any questions on the application process please feel free to email Michael.Round@systemiq.earth